Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 03-29-2007, 12:36 AM

Default top and bottom pair....

Yay or nay on the river? I don't have any reads, but the table has been losey goosey with some strange raises thrown in here and there.

PokerStars Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
Old 03-29-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: top and bottom pair....

i really don't get your river play ...

MP raised you on the turn and BTN cold calls ... there is a good chance he has a weak but ok hand and will call MP's river bet ... by donking you're just paying more for the same ... if you wanted another bet to go in then maybe 3bet the turn as BTN will payoff more at that point to give overlay (note: probably not a hot idea ... I would just call down from the turn ... that board sucks, though - it could be a worse 2pair)
Old 03-29-2007, 12:42 AM

I don't understand the river donk. I'm sorta stuck between 3betting the turn &amp; just calling down.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:51 AM

wtf?

c/c river obv
Old 03-29-2007, 12:54 AM

Check and call the river.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:10 AM

river ugh
Old 03-29-2007, 01:43 AM

c/c river and overcall if/when button calls...hope to win 2 bets for the price of one.

that turn raise stinks of more if a slowplayed monster or a hand that just got there on the turn and not a funky free card play
Old 03-29-2007, 01:57 AM

I like 3-betting turn with the third guy in.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:47 AM

Sadly, I think you've gotta fold the turn. Leading the flop from BB, even a moron should know you're representing a K. When he raises you on the turn, I'm believing him most times: He can beat a K. If he can beat a K, he can beat K4 2 pair.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:38 AM

:grunch:

icky.

i think hero folds on the turn. in a 3 way pot with people who limped in, hands like AT, KJ, KQ, T9, seem way too likely. this is a good example of a b/f situation i think. you think you might be ahead with top and bottom 2p so you bet, but you get raised AND you get a cold-caller behind, and you have to reevaluate. *especially* if villain is passive. This come-alive reeks of a fishy straight. or even a slow-played set.

This may sound like MUBS, but imho i don't see your 2p being best against 2 players who are both showing a good bit of strength on a scary board like this.

as played, why donk the river? are you trying to represent something? if so, what coudl you represent that beats his straight? unless you're trying to be very clever and bet so he'll raise and give button 2 cold, this bet seems like spew to me. a c/c would have been better. as played, you have to call the final bet.