Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 12-23-2006, 04:57 PM

Default AA against a 3-barrel

I play a Tag game, but I have only been at the table for a few orbits. I have been running hot. I have open raised maybe 8 out of the last 12 hands and taken down every single one. Only one went to show down (I had a set). Every other pot I have taken down with a c-bet on the flop. I have c-bet 100 percent of the time.

Needless to say I can feel that they are ready to play back at me, I'm just waiting for it to happen.

On the flop, I really feel like villain has a one pair type hand. A jack or pocket pair of somekind. He could also have air of course. I feel like with a flushdraw he would have gone for the check raise because he knows that I am c-betting 100%. Does anyone like a raise on the flop or turn? I wanted to let this guy bluff if he felt like I was calling light.

What do you do on the river? For what it's worth, the villain is multi-tabling and can bluff three streets.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($476.50)
BB :#A500AF(Villain)/ ($625.25)
UTG ($350)
MP ($348.30)
CO ($128.60)
Hero ($520)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls $10.

Flop: ($30) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $26</font>, Hero calls $26.

Turn: ($82) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $85</font>, Hero calls $85.

River: ($252) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $250</font>

edit: when villain bets the river do we ever put him on a thin value bet? I thought about this for a little while during the hand and decided that I wasn't going to see a jack here. I thought the most likely hands were the flush or a bluff with complete air or perhaps a small pocket pair . Do you think villain fires with some weird two pair hand here? I didn't think he would do this either. I think because of my image this is like a coinflip on the river call.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:11 PM

Default Re: AA against a 3-barrel

Well since you let every hand get there I think the river is a fold.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:14 PM

raise the flop, ez river fold.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop, ez river fold.

[/ QUOTE ]