Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: $1/$2NL--weak/tighties now

[ QUOTE ]
Nope. It's the "2+2 fish pond" game, which is much like the unicorn. Often posted about, but seldom seen in real life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad someone else recognizes this phenomenon. Of course, there's selection bias in the games people choose to post about, but still.

I don't think the unicorn is "often posted about," though, so maybe not a great simile.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:09 PM

i couldn't agree more with classic "fish pond"....

i mean, people on here acted like online games (non-micro$$$) were still 6-7 to the flop, when a good pre-flop # was closer to 25%.... now no way B&M goes that root, but the schools of ludicrously bad fish doesn't seem to exist anymore, at least not 3-4 of them at the same table.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"The 1-2 NL at the Venetian is full of calling stations and drunks and action players. Many people seem willing
to put their stack in on a draw on the flop (like a 4 flush) against a flopped 2 pair or set."

I agree from what I saw in my NL game at the Venetian last night (late night). YMMV.

Best of luck,

Howard

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's the time of day? When you have to get up 5 days a week at 4:30 a.m., late night is tough. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I've just seen a trend toward really weak/tight play since the summer. Many will see the flop for a limp, but fold to any raises.

I can't remember the last time I saw anyone push and call.

(Adjustments only go so far. Adjust too much and you're playing unprofitable hands, too loose too, and donking off a lot of chips.)

CJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Run their a**es over. If you pound on them enough eventually they're going to tilt off their stacks out of anger. Just keep stealing small pots from them in position. Honestly weak tight games are almost as good as loose-crazy games and are going to have a lot less variance. This thread makes me want to go play right now.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:28 PM

1/2nl live is rigged
Old 12-07-2006, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Run their a**es over. If you pound on them enough eventually they're going to tilt off their stacks out of anger. Just keep stealing small pots from them in position. Honestly weak tight games are almost as good as loose-crazy games and are going to have a lot less variance. This thread makes me want to go play right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got this same advice yesterday from Barry Tannenbaum. Exactly. He said pound them until they get tired of it and start to stand up, then shift gears. He said everyone is trying to trap these days. He said be very aggro, and if someone plays back at you, don't pay them off. Be willing to give up a $30 or $40 pot so they pay off the big ones when you got a hand.

Interesting conversation. We'll see this weekend if I can turn it into a profitable one.

CJ
Old 12-07-2006, 10:22 AM

CJ, you couldnt play LAG if your life depended on it.
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-twelver
Old 12-07-2006, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CJ, you couldnt play LAG if your life depended on it.
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-twelver

[/ QUOTE ]

Who asked you??? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm gonna try. Gotta try. Old dog needs to learn new tricks. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2006, 04:10 PM

Last night the 1/2 game at Caesars LV was hardly weak tight. There were certainly some guys who didn't just flail around with their chips, but the game was still decent to good.

By the way, a dealer there got upset when I started relaying what I had read on 2+2 about the guy who got called all in and ran off with his chips/got arrested. Strange.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:14 PM

Less posting, more gambling sir.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2006, 05:38 PM

Towards the end of last summer I was in Vegas for about 5 days (over the course of a weekend + Monday/Tues) and spent the majority of my time at Ceasars. The 1/2 game there is deepstacked so you can buy up to a max of $500. It was great becuase I would go there around 6PM when the tables started to fill and check them out for a while. A lot of the players don't know how to play with deepstacks so it turned out to be very profitable. I can imagine that earlier in the day it might be tough to find a good table but if you just wait and check it out for like 30 mins you can easily find one at night.