Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 04:30 PM

Default RB noob seeks RB pro for guidance

I have 300 on its way to my NT account right now. I am trying to figure out if I should sign up somewhere with a RB deal or try to find some bonuses to clear first.

I'm leaning toward RB. I have found sites that have 30%+ with Ultimate Bet, which seems pretty good to me.

My questions are: If I am playing .50/1 limit, is rakeback worth it or should I be trying to build a roll through bonii/playing and wait to get a RB deal when I am at higher stakes?

I've also heard about some sites (Prima skins) that have 60%+ RB. Should I be trying to find a site/RB deal with the most players and/or fish, or just look for the biggest RB deal I can?

Sorry for this scattered post, any advice or knowledge you'd like to share with me would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:35 PM

Default Re: RB noob seeks RB pro for guidance

In my opinion, you should use bonuses on all different sites instead of RB. Perhaps bonuses and RB together, but mostly easy $100 bonuses.
That will give you a huge boost, and money right in your hand instead of every month.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:11 PM

I think you should take RB whenever it is offered. I played for a full year on PR as a losing player and when I switched to a skin that offered RB and bonuses I became profitable. On some sites if you add RB and bonuses together it can add up to 60%+.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should take RB whenever it is offered. I played for a full year on PR as a losing player and when I switched to a skin that offered RB and bonuses I became profitable. On some sites if you add RB and bonuses together it can add up to 60%+.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) How could you lose on PR - they have horrible rake but the players compensate for this
2) Why did you not quit?
Old 11-28-2006, 05:54 PM

I switched to HP so I was able to stay at Ongame and get RB. I became a winning player as of December of last year. I just sucked before and bought a bunch of books and easily found my mistakes. Also reading 2+2 helped me fill in problem areas. Recently got booted from HP because I am an american and I have been trying to find some alternatives.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:55 PM

why not sign up at a site where u get rb and bonuses? like full tilt has 27% rb and bonuses every 6-8 weeks
Old 11-29-2006, 08:06 PM

Full Tilt deducts everything under the sun from your rakeback.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:20 PM

can u explain what u mean by this?
Old 11-29-2006, 10:10 PM

Some sites allow you to get bonus + rakeback + merchandise using VIP points. Some sites deduct part or all of the bonus you receive from your rakeback payment (UB deducts 25% for example). Other sites deduct also deduct merchandise you get using your VIP points. Full Tilt deducts anything and everything they can, which means that the same % in rakeback is worth far less.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:47 AM

Any player who is aware of rakeback, should ALWAYS sign up for a site thru a rakeback affiliate, when rakeback for that site is available. In many cases, you only get one shot, and you want to make sure you have it for any site (where its available) that you will play on.

You never know what the future will hold, which site you will prefer to play, what stakes you might play in the future, etc... get yourself setup right from the beginning and you avoid alot of hassles down the line.