Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 09-10-2006, 07:59 PM

Default Re: EV of 2+2 knowing your screen name and winrate

i let ppl know my SN, then i tell them im going to play loose for a week, but after the first 1k hands i play nitty and laugh it up all the way to the bank
Old 09-10-2006, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i let ppl know my SN, then i tell them im going to play loose for a week, but after the first 1k hands i play nitty and laugh it up all the way to the bank

[/ QUOTE ]

thats like lying.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:01 PM

I'm in the don't tell camp, in fact I sometimes avoid posting hands against people I think are 2p2ers because I'd rather nobody know my name. However I only play like 5k hands/month max so I think it matters less for me.

I think expecting people to actually remember specific nonsequitor lines or thought processes that you have posted about in the past is probably over-reacting, but again, I don't post that many hands. There are probably a very few MSNL posters who actually remember and perhaps even add some of these things to their notes. But I'm probably trying to avoid tangling with those guys anyway so WGAF.

NT
Old 09-10-2006, 09:03 PM

You guys are all wayyy over estimating your importance in the MSNL world. Except for someone like aejones who goes out of his way to make sure everyone knows how important he is, no one really cares about one specific person. And unless you're posting tons of hands, no one is going to get much insight into your game.

I think it's hillarious when people with like 500 posts get all worried about revealing their screen name, like anyone will notice or care. Not that anyone will pay any more attention to someone with 5000 posts either, in terms of analyzing their game for tiny leaks. It just doesn't need to be done at these levels.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:48 PM

i am usually curious to know 2p2ers sns just to see what i have them at in my database
Old 09-10-2006, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, I know who is good out of the regulars, knowing someone is 2+2 won't make me think/play differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Although i have been known to tag people "2p2" at twoplustwo games just in case I play with them for the first time in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely. Especially since most of them have 50/40 stats.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are all wayyy over estimating your importance in the MSNL world. Except for someone like aejones who goes out of his way to make sure everyone knows how important he is, no one really cares about one specific person. And unless you're posting tons of hands, no one is going to get much insight into your game.

I think it's hillarious when people with like 500 posts get all worried about revealing their screen name, like anyone will notice or care. Not that anyone will pay any more attention to someone with 5000 posts either, in terms of analyzing their game for tiny leaks. It just doesn't need to be done at these levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

That probably true, but I am pretty important.

Anyways, I always thought my WR was pretty average. Then, I encounter some regs who are even 2+2ers and really, I think their WR has to be less than mine. Seriously, I guess I used to overestimate the "regulars" at places like 400nl. I think there are some special ones, but a lot of very "bleh" ones that jsut kill the terrible players and don't stand a chance in the fire.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:11 PM

To answer the actual question, I have no problem telling people who I am if they ask. I don't think it has any effect on my ev. First, I don't post many hands, second, have any of you actually looked through a specific person's posts to find how to exploit them? That sounds really hard and ineffective.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
could someone tell me what a supbro is

[/ QUOTE ]

Just another way of saying a 2+2er.

[/ QUOTE ]

and to aviod mentioning the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

how come you wanna avoid the site?