Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2006, 03:41 PM

Default EV of 2+2 knowing your screen name and winrate

i havn't seen this posted and think it's at least somewhat worthwhile to discuss.

i guess title explains it. after posting my recent graph in the [censored] thread some people asked me to PM them my screen name. i'm trying to decide if this would hurt me or not. i know some people sup bro and some don't, so it seems there is a difference of opinion on the issue.

also, i think for me it might be more slightly -EV than normal since i can look like a donk at times and maybe if people knew i was a big winner i wouldn't get paid so well. my thinking is that a more standard TAGish type wouldn't be giving up as much by revealing his screen name. although i guess that is more pertinent to play against the not as good at poker 2+2ers.

thoughts?
Old 09-10-2006, 03:45 PM

Default Re: EV of 2+2 knowing your screen name and winrate

I think it's definitely +EV if you have a solid ABC style because people will probably make too many moves on you or make big calls, thinking you are being tricky. We all know how much 2+2ers bs on the flop.

Edit to add: Maybe people will try to avoid you too, if your really that good.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:47 PM

don't reveal it.

your huge downswing should be coming soon, and you will be broadcasting it to 2p2 (if you reveal your sn)
Old 09-10-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't reveal it.

your huge downswing should be coming soon, and you will be broadcasting it to 2p2 (if you reveal your sn)

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, but so?
Old 09-10-2006, 03:49 PM

I gave vp way too much $$ because I knew he was a 2p2er [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2006, 03:49 PM

i'm in the dont reveal camp...for me it's way more +EV if people don't know who i am. A lot of regulars that I normally talk with on aim know my name, but that is because we mostly talk theory/hands and give each other a heads up if there is a particularly good table. Don't forget a lot of people lurk, etc, I don't need people knowing exactly what I'm thinking at the tables.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
don't reveal it.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, but so?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, maybe my tone was off

i wasn't wishing for you to run bad, im saying i tend to focus more on people i "know" (public 2p2ers) and i notice when they're playing bad/running bad
Old 09-10-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm in the dont reveal camp...for me it's way more +EV if people don't know who i am. A lot of regulars that I normally talk with on aim know my name, but that is because we mostly talk theory/hands and give each other a heads up if there is a particularly good table. Don't forget a lot of people lurk, etc, I don't need people knowing exactly what I'm thinking at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, i was thinking that if i was going to reveal it to some people it would be known members through PM, i'm pretty sure i wouldn't want every lurker to know.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:58 PM

Good players knows who they have 1000s of hands on anyway, and who is good and not. Good players are more likely to have FPS vs. another 2p2er in my opinion. I think it's +ev to reveal your sn.

I mean, at the very least it's EV neutral. If you're a big winner 2p2ers are going to hunt you down with their exquisite notes taken from your posts of what your miniscule leaks might be?

No.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:01 PM

just to clarify what i was saying... im saying i tend to focus more against people i know for sure are 2p2, so i wouldnt reveal. also azk made some great points