Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Jesus Believed in a Literal Interpretation of the Old Testament

Phil,

You are the one going off-topic with your reference to homosexuality when there is none, in your original post. I agree that your topic is interesting and confronting. I was not going to let it be weakened by your irrelevant prejudices, that's all.

I am still somewhat puzzled by your fixation on sexual matters. I am certain you have many repressed issues there, but you are right, it is worth another thread. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2006, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that your topic is interesting and confronting. I was not going to let it be weakened by your irrelevant prejudices, that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]
As your five off topic replies clearly demonstrate. The the majority of people with any biblical knowledge consider my original quote uncontentious. The bible supports my view and not yours, by a long way. If you disagree, let's have chapter and verse, perhaps in a new thread?
Old 07-15-2006, 08:59 AM

Show me how the quote you mention has anything to do with homosexuality!

If you can't, it is your credibility that is under scrutiny, not mine. A pity, because the topic could be interesting.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not so much ignorance as fanatical homophobia from dear Phil.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually I put that in there to get a rise of you poor repressed gays. You didnt' disappoint. But anyone who thinks the destruction of Sodom was unrelated to homosexuality is extremely ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]
nah it was the coprophilia, is that what you're repressing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

chez
Old 07-15-2006, 09:10 AM

See my post above:

"BTW - homosexuality had a lot to do with the (ficitonal) destruction of Sodom by God - you simply have no clue what you're talking about. Homosexuality was an abomination to God as referenced by Lev. 18:22, 20:13:
"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. . . . If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death, their blood is upon them"

It is also regularly referenced as being part of the wickedness of Sodom. "

Part of the reason for God's destruction of Sodom was the wicknedness and perversion of homosexuality. Read Romans 1 for further clarification in the New Testament.

And no, this topic is boring as hell - I don't care what a bigoted author said about God's destruction of gays 3000 years ago. The point of this thread, in case your gay-obsessed brain missed it, is Jesus' support of old testament scripture. Your sexual preferences have nothing to do with the topic of thread. Please start a new one if you wish to carry on with your agenda and discuss this further.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. . . . If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death, their blood is upon them

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this is about liying, not standing up or on all fours... Literal means literal. Of course, if you mean that liying is a euphemism for enjoying sex, is resurrection a euphemism for decay?
Old 07-15-2006, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. . . . If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death, their blood is upon them

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this is about liying, not standing up or on all fours... Literal means literal. Of course, if you mean that liying is a euphemism for having sex, is resurrection a euphemism for decay?

[/ QUOTE ]
You're a moron. Welcome to ignore.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're a moron. Welcome to ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL ... At least I can keep on posting and unless someone quotes me, hopefully because it is relevant and they are replying, you will be the only one not following the thread with integrity!

I suggest you re-read all posts and see who was the obstreperous one. I am sure you are the one. Regardless, I would encourage people to answer, at least, those parts of your original post that do make sense and are not rooted in prejudice.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:40 AM

I love that Phil introduced his obsessive homphobia in to the thread and complains that the thread got hijacked.

I can accept that he is so fanatical that he did it unconsciously but now its been pointed out [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

BTW someone sounded authoratative when they said that the abomination bit was added in a later translation and had no basis from earlier texts. predumambly that was post-jesus. Any experts confirm or refute this?

chez
Old 07-15-2006, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love that Phil introduced his obsessive homphobia in to the thread and complains that the thread got hijacked.

[/ QUOTE ]
I only complained after his third off topic post on the issue. He was free at any time to make a new thread, considering how interested seems to be in the topic. I don't care either way what the bible says - it's a very sick, fictional book of no interest to me, except in pointing out Christian hypocrisy and correcting people's misconceptions. Anyway, thanks to Midge's small minded agenda this otherwise interesting thread is ruined.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW someone sounded authoratative when they said that the abomination bit was added in a later translation and had no basis from earlier texts. predumambly that was post-jesus. Any experts confirm or refute this?

[/ QUOTE ]
There's about 40 references in the old testament and a few in the new about homosexuality. Many are very, very clear about homosexuality being filthy, an abomination, and worthy of death. Also, it seems extremely likely that the authors of the old testament would include lessons on homosexuality given the culture and bigotry that existed at the time. I doubt there was reason for the church to add anything.