Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 06-20-2006, 03:51 PM

Default Top and bottom pair versus push on coordinated flop

Nothing really on the villian postflop, I've only played a few orbits with him and haven't seen anything. According to his PT stats, he's a little loose preflop, and doesn't raise much, so the button limp doesn't necessarily rule out a hand such as an overpair. Of course, it's still a fairly small sample size, so who knows.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($232.29)
SB ($146.55)
Hero ($113.55)
UTG ($76.51)
MP ($88.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $1, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($3) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, Button calls $231.29 (All-In), SB folds, Hero ????
Old 06-20-2006, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Top and bottom pair versus push on coordinated flop

Man, I probably puss out and fold without a good read, but I'm not going to be happy.

He probably ends up showing you some sort of draw here alot of the time, which makes this hard to lay down. But without any more info on villain, I fold and look to capitalize on his ridiculous overbets somewhere down the line.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:59 PM

I think he is on a big draw or pair + draw hand like J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] almost always. A set or 87 would raise less here IMO. I think you are ahead greater than 50% of the time, but not by much, which would put this in the +EV high variance category - fun!
Old 06-20-2006, 04:01 PM

He is bluffing here, like, never. If he is dumb enough to do this with A10 or K10, you will have many other opportunties to take his stack if someone does not beat you to it. Best case scenario, he has J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. More likely, he has 78, 910, or a set, especially since he "doesn't raise much." Fold.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
which would put this in the +EV high variance category - fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo!