Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 12-01-2007, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Flop is QQQ, I have JJ.....whats a brother to do???

I dislike the turn raise.. A higher card is gonna come 15% of the time on the river, that's not enough of a threat for us to raise to protect, and do you really think anything less than our hand is gonna call a raise? I think he folds most pocket pairs and we split with the case J.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dislike the turn raise.. A higher card is gonna come 15% of the time on the river, that's not enough of a threat for us to raise to protect, and do you really think anything less than our hand is gonna call a raise? I think he folds most pocket pairs and we split with the case J.

[/ QUOTE ]Good point. I think a worse hand MIGHT call (TT, 99) a raise and c/f river. Not betting the river, obv. It's a strange line with AA, KK, AJ, AK that he took if he had these. Maybe not THAT strange but I expect most of those to bet instead of check the flop. River lead is very confusing. What the hell Jack peels the flop? There's only one left. None imo. I think they flopped Quads or we have the best hand and there is value in a smallish raise, to like $18.

Or, do you think AA/KK is checking the flop to zeebow us later?
Old 12-01-2007, 03:36 AM

Good fold. Villain played this hand very poorly.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, well like, when he shoves, it's pretty obvious he has a Q or AA, and we can fold pretty easily.. I think it becomes a bit harder when he bets like 17 on river. I think this is played perfectly given the flat call pre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I actually didn't think that long about it, with a decent player that shove is always the nuts. He value bets the river, I think I have a real decision there
Old 12-01-2007, 03:37 AM

It looks exactly like how a regular-ish guy would play quads. "Zomg quads, lets let him trap himself and c/c! Hahaha he bet, that sucker. Oh a jack on the turn, he might've hit that I gotta lead now! Hahaha he called I got him now. And when the king comes on the river he's GOTTA hit something there, and no one folds a boat, I shovel!"

Ya know?
Old 12-01-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks exactly like how a regular-ish guy would play quads. "Zomg quads, lets let him trap himself and c/c! Hahaha he bet, that sucker. Oh a jack on the turn, he might've hit that I gotta lead now! Hahaha he called I got him now. And when the king comes on the river he's GOTTA hit something there, and no one folds a boat, I shovel!"

Ya know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Remind me to avoid you thac.