Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: AJo OOP--multiple limpers

Thanks for bumping Pokey's post btw. I hadn't seen it til you brought it to my attention.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:22 PM

i have to go to class, but for me this is usually a raise/fold spot. calling just leaves you with a hand that youre rarely sure that youre well ahead even when you hit OOP. pretty bad spot
Old 11-20-2007, 07:35 PM

if you fold this hand it is a great spew since you are missing many bets in the long run.

if you call you need to hit harder since you have multiple opponents who can themselves improve.

if you raise you dont have to hit the flop that bad to value bet the hand and you may take the pot down with a cbet(player dependent though)

but infact we have the best hand against their range so we should just raise, or call for monster value - i leave this to the mathematic masterminds [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

however folding this is retarded i think.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:37 PM

I'm 50:50 and played something very similar twice earlier at 10NL. Once I folded and the other time I raised 4+1, got called by a bingo player looking for 2p (or something - called a lot and folded a lot). Flop came K83 - c-bet and fold.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:59 PM

if you cbet this just depends on opponets, flop texture... just the usual stuff.

but you have to either (again very opponent dependant):

-raise because you want to get more money in the pot as long as you hold a hand that is considered to be favorite over their calling ranges.

-call because you want to somehow get your monster and will get paid off postflop in an unraised pot (which is likely at nl5)

-fold... well i dont know how this can even be an option this is not an ugly marginal spot you like to avoid. its just: "you have the best hand so play it like that" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]