Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Does the PPA need 2+2?

last time i checked the ppa forums were a ghostown. they need a viable medium to spread their message in and 2+2 seems to be that medium atm. until they get their forums going, they need 2+2. since some of ppa is already here, and this is a private forum, they need to follow forum rules and be careful about not pissing off the owners. i don't understand the big deal. 2+2 has said ppa is welcomed here, as long as they follow some posting guidelines laid out. nothing unreasonable about that. this is, after all, 2+2's forum. ppa needs 2+2 atm greatly because of 2+2 active readership; i hope they realize this and just keep doing their thing here.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:06 PM

btw, i hold the engineer in very high esteem. i personally find the ppa ineffective in everything from legislation lobbying to garnering support, while the engineer i find very effective at least in rallying and making people aware about the relevant issues. it suck's he's getting lumped in and is being criticized for ppa's past and current ineptitudes when imo te has done more as an individual in helping our cause than the whole ppa has since their very existence. i hope te keeps on posting here to the degree we've grown accustomed to.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I merely explained the rationale behind some PPA choices. You have a different vision for PPA than many of us do. You stated yourself that your life won't change without online poker. Mine will. Drastically. Sometimes it seems like you're here to play politics. The rest of us want to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well between the two I am much better at politics than I am at poker. I apologize again if my true meaning is not clear. Removing poker from my life would indeed would leave a big hole. Perhaps I could fill that with live poker, perhaps not. But I do not derive a large part of my income from poker. Poker is a passion not an income source for me. Sorry to be crass, but as I explaned to Tuff, I do not need an additional source of income. Fair or not I can and do as my passions dictate. There is very little that would dramatically affect my life that I do not control other than the health of my family.

D$D

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't need an additional source of income either, but online poker has enabled me to have more financial freedom than I'd have without. I'm passionate about us having the freedom to play. If we lose this right, I think you'll agree we'll all be affected, as we're all affected whenever government takes yet another right from us.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If we lose this right, I think you'll agree we'll all be affected, as we're all affected whenever government takes yet another right from us.

[/ QUOTE ]

110%!

D$D