Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 11-08-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Well, since I can\'t get anyone ELSE to post a trip report...

"It's almost as if it's Halloween!?!" tourney night

With the HUGE numbers of people who showed up early as requested, we got started at our usual time with the following players, including a new **member:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>SB- Mothra T5,200 SB- Biggie T5,000 SB- Lottery Larry T5,600
Mr Fantasy T5,000 Boss of all Bosses T5,200 BB- Butter T5,000
Mr Big Nuts T5,600 **Blonde Bomber T5,000 Anesthesia T5,000
PeteMoss T5,000 Treecrusher T5,000 Music Man T5,025
Tight Joe T5,000 System God T5,200 Tick Tock T5,000
Card Rack T5,500 Eagles Fan T5,100 Boatman T5,000
Rock T5,000 Cyclops T5,050 Brivis T5,000
AFLAC! T5,000 button- Diva T5,000 Stan the Man T5,000</pre><hr />

I was sorely disappointed in the lack of costumes….. BOOOOOOO to most of you! Of the ones that did get creative:

Cyclops- while it wasn’t much of a stretch, I threw a few chips his way for the T-shirt

Boss of all Bosses- she STARTED with a good costume, when buying her chips… but when she immediately took it off, I took most of the bonus chips back (“too hot”, my fanny!)

Card Rack- it was so effectively broken in, that I missed her MASH nurse outfit at first… gave her the chips when she came back to yell at me (sniff! sob!)

Mothra- as if he needed MORE height…. the Cat in the Hat hat seemed to scrape the ceiling

Mr Big Nuts- you KNEW the Wiggles’ look-alike would come ready to play…

Music Man- I SHOULD have penalized him for the lame modern Watson imitation… lucky him

Lottery Larry- everyone kept asking when the poker clown was going to go put his costume ON…. harhardieHAR

We were starting out with T50/100 blinds, highest ratio we’ve ever had… with dreaded antes coming in later rounds. However, the blind structure had been worked on to get close to the smooooooottthhhhhhh standard of perfection, so I was anxious to see how it played out.

Early on, crazy hands abounded:

¤ Boatman’s first two hands were full houses, after flopping a set each time
¤ Biggie dropped T2600 on the 2nd hand, then tripled up a short time later.
¤ Music Man lost a bunch of chips early on, then got back-to-back hands where he doubled through with 44 after flopping a set, then limped with Aces and flopped AA3 to almost triple up.

Mothra was the first to go, near the end of Round 1. The Hat only had T3300 left when he had the Baby Hammer in the BB and somehow managed to run bottom two pair into Tight Joe’s top set on the T32 rainbow flop.
Just after the Round 2 start, Brivis limped for T150 with T1000 and K9o, got all the money in with multiple players on a T9x flop and lost to Butter’s KQ on the Queen turn.

Round 3, Eagles Fan showed his legendary tourney skills once again. First, he lost 90% of his stack with 99 vs. cowboys. Then, he misplayed AK against A8, letting the river flush him out of the tourney. Diva later misplayed KK against ATs, letting the Ace hit the flop.
Just before the end of Round 3, Tick Tock went the masochist route with T1200 and 99. Butter’s TT flopped one and rivered the case card to nail quads….
After we consolidated to two tables, System God went out with something that he was too embarrassed to talk about (probably misplayed TPo4).
Stan the Man’s AJd saw a 2-spade flop that gave him a gutshot, but Card Rack’s 66s ended up with a flush to knock him out.

Then Card Rack gave some chips back with KQh against Rock’s ATh and Mr Fantasy’s push of T2225 with TT. The Ace on the flop was all Rock needed to take both pots and send Mr Fantasy out the door…
Right after that, our rookie Blonde Bomber crashed into the Music Man juggernaut, when KQo was just enough to deliver her last T2300 to his AJo.

I actually had build my stack to around double, then dropped down a little, before showing once again why I hate Melon Man:
¤ One hand, I made it T1600 to go in early position with 88 (because, I can’t see a flop). I get called by a preflop limper, who calls another T1700 (because I can’t see a turn card with The Evil Hand of Pain) and pushes the last T375+5 (trying to save T5, the big cheater!) with QTo on the 532 flop.
If anyone didn’t know the Ten was coming on the turn, they must not be paying attention….
¤ The next hand, I make it T1400 to go UTG with KJd, get called…and of course an 8 flops. At that point, I banished Card Rack from the room on my hands, as a bad influence.

Boatman sank early in Round 5, when the T150/300/25a structure kicked in. Ten minutes later, AFLAC! got all of his T6400 in against my AJo. 99 no goot in this tourney; Ace-high flop did the trick and we were down to 13 players, who all held on to the 10 p.m. break

After the break, Round 6 started with T200/400/50. PeteMoss then started the crazy roller coaster ride. First hand, I made it T1700, PeteMoss pushed T6175 and Rock undercalled all-in with A8s, which sucked out a flush on PeteMoss’ AQ.
Next hand, PeteMoss pushes his T1475 with AQo, Mr Big Nuts smoooooottthllllyyy called with A8c and the 999QK flop gave PeteMoss around T3200…
… which he pushed in on the next hand, prompting an expletive from Rock and “What do you HAVE?!?” before Rock finally made himself call, with Big Slick, to snap off PeteMoss’ KTo

It wasn’t until it was near the end of Round 7, that we lost our next player. With blinds of 300/600/50, everyone folded to the blinds. Mr Big Nuts pushed his T3650 in, with The Power of 4 to protect him. Tight Joe, however, had 66 in the BB and the 4 on the flop wasn’t enough to save our 12th place player.
At the other table, Boss of all Bosses was limped into on the button, by 2 players. So, she pushed in her T1625 with A7s. Biggie had limped with Kings, however, and she was gone.

Next to go was Music Man in Round 8, down to T2900 at 400/800/50a. K7o was good enough… but not goot enough against A7 on an AKX flop, when all of the moolah went in.

And so, we had our final table survivors. We consolidated and drew for seats, colored some chips… and ending up with the following starting point, with 11 minutes left in Round 8.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>SB- Treecrusher T6,850
BB- Biggie T17,725
Rock T3,250
Card Rack T13,250
Butter T22,950
Anesthesia T14,525
Tight Joe T9,550
Cyclops T16,150
Button- LL T18,325</pre><hr />

Short-stacked Rock held on for a few hands, then got in his chips with AJ against my KQd. 772 flop, but a King on the turn and Rock was out in 9th place. Then, we couldn’t seem to lose any other players, since they could all smell the money of the top six places.
Round 9 came and went, then Round 10 came, with first Anesthesia and then Biggie surviving all-ins (Biggie was down to T6200 when a river five kept him alive).

Finally, the T600/1200/100a blinds took their toll, thinning out the field some more. Shortly after midnight, Tight Joe got his last T4800 in with A7, only to run into AJ and no help on the board. The next hand, Anesthesia had the worst hand, with K5 against Treecrusher’s KJo on a KA9 flop. Treecrusher’s last T1500 went in, after he’d limped preflop… but the 5 turn, 5 river killer cruelly knocked him out on the bubble, in 7th place.

Everyone who made the money celebrated, knowing they were guaranteed a profit….except for me, since I needed two more players to get knocked out before I could avoid losing money.

Shortly after Round 11 started, Cyclops raised the T1600 BB to T6k with A9o; Card Rack called with 98s. Her last T2500 went into the pot on the flop, but she didn’t get to take anything back out of it…. but she cashed in her 2nd-ever DPC tourney- nice job, rookie!

We played on through Round 12. With one hand left, Butter decided that T1k/2k/300a was enough to push his last T5800 in with Q7s. Cyclops, with his big stack, called blind… and found out that he had the monstrously powerful K4o. The 4 on the flop was unnecessary and now I got to launch my “I’m innnnnn the monnnnEEEEEE!” dance.

When Round 13 started, at T1500/3k/500a, we had Biggie at T15k, Anesthesia with T15,500, I doubled his stack… and Cyclops had T62k in chips and a whole lot of bullying addytude. He powered a Q3 hand from the button with a big raise, knocking me off of KQo in the SB at one point.

Half-way through the round, Biggie finally succumbed when he called Cyclops’ push with A9o, for T12k in chips. He was ahead of Cyclops’ KQs, but the Queen on the turn proved that only Cyclops was the master of the A9o on this evening.

Shortly before the end of Round 13, I pushed from the SB with K7o, trying to get Anesthesia to fold his BB hand. Alas, he wouldn’t lay down the powerful 64 for a mere T4500 more…. But the poker gods showed mercy on me with the 67392 board.

So, I had T48,500 and was heads up against Cyclops and his T79k, at 1:24 in the morning. However, the cards were not going to be in the cards for me this evening.
The tourney got into Round 14, with T2k/4k/1000a blinds. These were the biggest hands of the end of the tourney:

After Cyclops check-raised my Jacks, up to T30k, on a Queen high, four card board, I folded…. to see that he held a 65 for a measly pair. I had him rabbit-hunt… and the 5 on the river would have cost me the match anyway.

Later, I held T9s and a gutshot straight and flush draw on the turn, but folded to Cyclops’ pair push, even though the odds were pretty close to what I needed (I didn’t know that my pair cards were outs as well). The river would have been a blank, so I escaped again…

… until I pushed my last T15k with the powerful A4s. Cyclops had the speed limit and there were no cops to pull him over, nor cards to go along with the flopped 4, and I finished in the preordained 2nd place at 1:39 a.m.

I’d assumed earlier, when I didn’t get some big hands paid off (including one trip Queens hand) and when Cyclops had blown me the KQo hand, that I’d used up my chances to win this tourney. The cards completed my prediction- nicely played, Cyclops.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Well, since I can\'t get anyone ELSE to post a trip report...

Nice TR. Any pics? What were the buy-ins?

And nice new custom title LL. LOL.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:31 PM

tl;dr

Nah, good report. How the hell do you remember all that?

[ QUOTE ]
Boss of all Bosses- she STARTED with a good costume, when buying her chips… but when she immediately took it off, I took most of the bonus chips back (“too hot”, my fanny!)

[/ QUOTE ]
I will never penalize a woman for getting naked at my game. And she'll never be too hot for my fanny.

[ QUOTE ]
Diva later misplayed KK against ATs, letting the Ace hit the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, I like that definition of "misplayed". I may have to use it.

[ QUOTE ]
Stan the Man’s AJd saw a 2-spade flop that gave him a gutshot, but Card Rack’s 66s ended up with a flush to knock him out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stan should call a misdeal against a suited pocket pair.

I want to play in your game, tho'. Or at least see phoots.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tl;dr

Nah, good report. How the hell do you remember all that?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL- remember? I write almost all of this down during the game. People have to report to me when they bust out, with details. My own hands or other memorable ones I can recall from memory, if I do it soon after the game night.

[ QUOTE ]

I want to play in your game, tho'.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have an open invitation, if you're ever in my area.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice TR. Any pics?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't been taking pictures lately, and I wouldn't post them anyway- the whole security thing.

[ QUOTE ]
And nice new custom title LL. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tuq was inspired.... fits pretty well. I need to find an appropriate avatar, after the new software this weekend.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to find an appropriate avatar, after the new software this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2007, 12:31 AM

Is Huggy Bear pimp enough?

Yeah, he is. I'll be sure to set that up after the weekend. I'll just have to find a place to host it at, for the URL I'll need.

Thanks, dcasper
Old 11-11-2007, 04:31 AM

A few Poker Avatars...
http://www.saltlakepoker.com/avatars.php