Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: outing lent53

"he deserves a retraction imo "

im not retracting anything. i believe he cheated. if mods want to delete the post thats fine. like i said im not gonna make a crusade out of this.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:02 PM

taylor caby,

marry me.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:41 PM

I really don't know why I'm replying to this thread again, but anyway ...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would never even CONSIDER calling a bet like that on the river.
It bothers me because its not even like this was a tough situation or marginal spot, because its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have more problems with this after thinking about it some. on the river, when you know you cant profitably call, but your opponent is gonna be bluffing x%, its a great time to dc. you are essentially freerolling for the amount of times the opponent is bluffing. this excuse is complete bs.

a lot of ppl are willing to give lent the benefit of the doubt here and thats fine. ill allow that it could have been bad timing but i do still think that this particular time it was deliberate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I don't know lent, and he could be a total dirtbag for all I know. However, surely as a poker player you have to accept that essentially everybody is at some stage going to disconnect from the site while in the middle of a hand. A certain percentage of these disconnects are going to look suspicious to those involved and to observers. I honestly don't understand the line you're taking here. I would be pretty annoyed if this had happened to me originally, but at this stage I would have accepted that in all likelihood it was just unfortunate timing. If you can come up with more evidence I'm more then ready change bandwagon.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:17 PM

Freddy Deeb played online?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:22 PM

This thread should have the title changed and be locked.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:16 AM

wtf, you are/were PartyGirlUK? I haven't seen that names in years...
Old 10-30-2007, 01:42 AM

forum reset due to the upcoming software switch
Old 10-30-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, this is absurd. the guy isn't a cheater. change the title of the post at the very least.

this reminds me of the time when my old computer used to always overheat and shut down. i was running a huge bluff on freddy deeb and got pot stuck when he shoved all in on me. I was going to call anyway, but my computer just shut down. I booted back up on my other CPU and saw that I had lost the 25k pot, but had saved myself 4k or so that i wouldve had to call. The table was furious thinking that I cheated, but after i told them the situation they all seemed to believe me. It looked absolutely horrible (as this did), but realisically, things like that are going to happen when you put people to a decision for a lot of money and they have an easy way out.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I don't know anyone involved and don't play high stakes. However, I have played a ton of poker (~700k hands?). I must have been disconected a couple of dozen times. The only time it worked to my advantage, I won a 1.5bb when my small blind 52o made a straight.

I wouldn't blame anyone for getting suspicious and while it's nice that you stick up for your friends, demanding retractions and thread title changes is a little off IMO. Lent33 should be appologizing for the circumstances that gave arise to the suspicisions in the first place.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:33 AM

yeah, if OPs HH is the only 'evidence' here, then its obv most likely a ub freezing incident, which happens alot.
Closed Thread