Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 09-15-2007, 02:07 AM

Default I think I played this hand pretty good...

waddythink?

MP1 is 50/17/.9 kind of guy. Other 2 are tightish.

and don't give me any preflop shizz cause I'm one of those guys that plays pocket pairs and suited aces from utg. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 checks, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, BB calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB folds.

River: (5.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
Old 09-15-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: I think I played this hand pretty good...

The river is debatable, but if you've seen him bet when checked to a bunch I think it's fine. His .9 aggro combined with his 17 PFR suggests to me that he does a lot of calling, so he might be peeling the flop and turn with two cards &gt; 5.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:20 AM

preflop raise does a lot to solve the issues here from my pov.

reverse isolation against mp1 works well with the pfr as only monkeys who play 50% of their hands cc regularily with any two they limp with.

odds are you aren't 3 in on the turn with a preflop raise.

If you are its a pretty clear indication you are not in good shape.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:21 AM

I think the river is close. I think betting gets a bet in more often when we're ahead since there aren't too many busted draws, and worse made hands will usually check behind. On the other hand a benefit to checking is a better hand might check behind, I imagine at this limit this type would check behind 8x/9x?
Old 09-15-2007, 03:14 AM

well ... i'll look up these retards with a big ace UI here a there and win off and on ... so have a made hand could only be better

i find being OOP vs guys with those stats very challenging and go to showdown with somewhat weakish hand often ...
Old 09-15-2007, 04:19 AM

benny,

[ QUOTE ]

I'm one of those guys that plays pocket pairs and suited aces from utg. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm one too. also, suited connecters. eff the haters [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

anyway, if i'm reading this right there's a poster in mp3 and we're in a 1/2 FR game on FTP. if that game plays how i think it does, i would rather just raise preflop.

gosh the river is close. i don't know if this guy bluffs or bets a worse pair 1 out of 6 times.

sharpie,

[ QUOTE ]

I think the river is close. I think betting gets a bet in more often when we're ahead since there aren't too many busted draws, and worse made hands will usually check behind. On the other hand a benefit to checking is a better hand might check behind, I imagine at this limit this type would check behind 8x/9x?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is really good.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:48 AM

River looks like a b/f to me.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so you check call because you hope he'll bet with a worse hand, such as 4x, 5x, A high or what ever, yes ?

If you're hoping he'll bet those hands, then he sure is gonna bet 8x, Tx and Jx as well.

And if you hope he's going to check with 8x, Tx, Jx he's gonna check with 4x and 5x as well.

So, when we check, we hope that he'll bet a worse hand, but we also hope he'll check with a better hand. I dunno how these can co-exist.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:01 AM

I'm saying he'll usually check behind a worse made hand, so against these betting is best. I don't play fullring or this limit so I don't know whether the average player with his stats will valuebet 8x or Tx more often than they'll check it behind. Since it's close I'd lean towards betting if you think he'll valuebet better hands anyway, and checking if he'll check behind a few better hands.

There is actually a strange type of villain who will bet worse made hands and check behind better ones, for some reason they decide to foolishly turn their A4 into a bluff, but are too scared to valuebet MPMK. Although rare, this does add value to checking.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:58 AM

if I am in a bet situation from a limped hand I have to know the peel number of my opponent.

Some guys peel 3 (ie call with Ax to showdown), some guys fold Ax on river so I write them down as peel two.

Rarely will a guy who peels 3 or 2 bet the river unless he has something strong like two pair or A second pair when you check the top pair on the river so I think as played this is a fold.

I think if you wanted to see showdown you could have bet the river as he would have just called 80% of the time.

But as I said earlier raising first in with hands like this solves a lot of problems, if you plan on playing them.