Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Reid won\'t help?

[ QUOTE ]
Consider what you are saying .... your source says that Harry Reid, the leader of the Senate Democrats, actually considered leading a filibuster against the Safe Ports Act, on the eve of an election where his party had everything to gain by leaving the GOP twisting in the wind ... AND, he would hand the GOP a "soft on Homeland Security" club because some offshore companies, most of which were violating the Wire Act, were going to have their cashflow interupted.

No, one does not have to BE all-knowing to recognize the complete and utter lack of credibility in that scenario being considered. All it takes is NOT to be a political moron.

Sorry your feelings got hurt, but what you spouted about the filibuster was complete and utter nonsense. (I had no disagreement with the rest of your analysis by the way.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly sure I did read that in the Washington Post the day after the bill passed. The Post stated it as fact (the filibuster thing).