Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 01-28-2006, 11:41 PM

Default Valentine\'s Help : GF overseas

OK, this won't be the same as other OOT girl posts. My GF is doing a study abroad thing through our school and is staying at a castle in Alnwick (Dynasty might recognize it as the Harry Potter castle from what I hear). I want to send some flowers, but being in the US is complicating things a little.

There's more things that I intend to send from here, and I know its kinda cheesy but she'll like it. With all the hundreds of places I can find flowers, I could use some suggestions on any help people can give me about where to go for this.

This is probably not the clearest post in my history, but the whole Valentine's thing has always had me confused, and with only about two weeks left, I've gotta start working on it now.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Valentine\'s Help : GF overseas

http://ww2.1800flowers.com/flowers/International/
Old 01-28-2006, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://ww2.1800flowers.com/flowers/International/

[/ QUOTE ]

Durrrr, I suck at the internet. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, I readily admit I'm a total donkey when it comes to this type of thing. That'll be perfect (obviously) for my situation.

I ended up looking at British companies and just didn't know how well that would work. At least I wasn't asking how to respond to her saying "I just came".
Old 01-29-2006, 12:01 AM

They don't really have much for the UK other than roses if you want to spend a Benji & a half. If you have something else in mind though, you can use their # from that page and talk to a rep on what all they can do.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:58 AM

Edge,
OK, this situation warrants something really cute and romantic. Flowers are fine, but they're overpriced and utterly generic. (IMO, flowers are best as a complete surprise, not for apologies or holidays). Here are some ideas:

1. Cut a heart out of cardboard and turn it into a custom postcard for your honey. Write a funny poem on it. Better yet, a series of postcards - hearts that get bigger and bigger and culminate in a special gift package.
2. Send her your favorite romantic novel or a children's story. Highlight or bookmark the page that has an inside joke or special meaning for you two.
3. Send her a heart shaped box filled with individual notes. Each note says something you want to do with her when she gets back to the States.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3. Send her a heart shaped box filled with individual notes. Each note says something you want to do with her when she gets back to the States.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like something H. J. Coddington would do.