Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Ralph Schwartz pwns Bill Gazes

after beating him headsup for the 5K HORSE braclet...

During the final hand, Gazes asked Schwartz if he'd be interested in playing a heads-up match "for real money."

Schwartz replied, " I don't know, I play pretty high ."

"Well, do you want to play or not?" implored Gazes.

"Nah, after this, I think I'm gonna go party" was Schwartz's reply.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-18-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Ralph Schwartz pwns Bill Gazes

Is he a mixed game player in the cash games?
Old 06-18-2007, 10:57 AM

Old 06-18-2007, 12:27 PM

y leave whenever he joins the game? just stay clear of the better player
Old 06-18-2007, 05:39 PM

Old 06-18-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know from one of my big game rounder mates here in NY that he leaves whenever Schwartz plays in their games. I understand they play a range of mixed high stakes cash, not sure $ limits. DLPNYC and NYUDave etc may know more

[/ QUOTE ]

ralph is an excellent player, probably the best in the regular east side 25-50 game (nyudave and dlpnyc's regular game). he also considers himself the best player on the east coast. he is prone to occasional monkey tilt where he'll spew off tens of thousands, but he is definitely up huge in that game this year. in nyc he mainly plays NLH, and he has also played a lot of high stakes PLO (this is from him, not from witnessing it myself).
Old 06-18-2007, 06:23 PM

bill Gazes is a sore loser, I gave him a bad beat one time in a tournament and he went ballistic and berated me, he's cool though when he is winning.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know from one of my big game rounder mates here in NY that he leaves whenever Schwartz plays in their games. I understand they play a range of mixed high stakes cash, not sure $ limits. DLPNYC and NYUDave etc may know more

[/ QUOTE ]

ralph is an excellent player, probably the best in the regular east side 25-50 game (nyudave and dlpnyc's regular game). he also considers himself the best player on the east coast. he is prone to occasional monkey tilt where he'll spew off tens of thousands, but he is definitely up huge in that game this year. in nyc he mainly plays NLH, and he has also played a lot of high stakes PLO (this is from him, not from witnessing it myself).

[/ QUOTE ]

i remember playing with him a lot about 3 years ago. he was really into sammy farha, (he used to play with an unlit cigarette in his mouth, not sure if he still does) and thats why he got into PLO. he used to try to get half NLHE/PLO games going at the old acepoint.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ralph is an extremely tough player. what i think separates him from most other players is his ability to take him time on big hands. he takes a long time on his big decisions (almost to the point of annoyance for the other players), but he is able to really think through his hands and put the other player on a specific hand. I watched a lot of the final table in the midst of playing in the 3k event and he had a few fans in the crowd including a bunch of the guys from the nyc game. congrats,
dlpnyc21