Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 02:17 AM

Default 2/4 PLO AA tough decision

2/4 PLO on Bodog. 7-handed. I am dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG+2

Villain seems solid, one of the better players in this game. Effective stacks are $375.

UTG limps, UTG+1 raises to $22. I make it $64. Folds around to UTG+1 who calls.

Flop (pot = $138): 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG+1 checks to me, I?

If I bet the pot, whats my plan if UTG+1 pushes?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:43 AM

Default Re: 2/4 PLO AA tough decision

i hate these spots! is another check here out of the question?? against a really good player thats what i would do. Maybe abit passive, but i tend to prefer to keep my stack and go after weaker players than start trading with a quality player

also have you 2 bet with any other hands other than AAXX this session?? if you have been 2 betting with running hands i think you can bet here, if not i think check
Old 04-13-2007, 09:25 AM

I'd definitely bet out, and if he raises I think you should probably fold, but I don't think calling is horrible either. Saying he's one of the better players in the game makes me think he's not raising with a random hand that could include an 8, so the only hand that would worry us that he's shoving is like 97+FD or something, but he has a very narrow range to shove with here. He could probably make the play with KKxx with FD, but this depends on how Villain plays. I could see the argument for checking then re-evaluating the turn, but I think this is a safe enough flop to bet maybe 1/2-2/3 the pot, and probably get stacks in. I can see the argument for checking behind, but if the Villain is as good as you say he is, I'm guessing he'll bet out any turn card whether it scares you or not. I think betting the flop is better because a raise from him makes it easier to guess his range, where a Q or a T or something on the turn against a raise could easily be QQxx or TTxx. I'm guessing your equity is pretty strong on the flop, so just bet and hope for a fold. If you bet like $75 or something and he shoves, you're almost getting laid the right price to call. I don't know, I'd really base the decision of what to do after he raises off of experience, but I think not betting the flop gives the control of the pot away.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:01 PM

Just shove a 3/4 pot with authority and hes folding wo and 8 or a strait+fd combo, anyone disagree?
Old 04-13-2007, 12:36 PM

Old 04-13-2007, 12:56 PM

Bet half the pot. No point betting more, it will have the same effect.
If he calls, check the turn and call the river assuming the flush doesn't hit.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:44 PM

Paired board is one of the better flops for AA. This means no flush no straight only thing worried about is full boat or trips which if he calls or raises to a pot bet he must have the goods. Play every hand the same. If you bet pot when hit top set then bet the pot with aces and eights.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:50 PM

I bet about 90 and fold to a raise or a turn lead. Sometimes (about 30% of the time, more often if he is likely to bluff the turn here) I check.

In the dead zone there is a post about making a stand here sometimes with good overpairs, but really you only need to do that against the most aggressive of players.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:11 PM

whats your sn on bodog?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet about 90 and fold to a raise or a turn lead.

90= 3/4 pot, excellent
fold to a raise or turn lead = not enough authority on flop