Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 09:24 AM

Default Something for you beginners

Hello all

I have got a present for beginners and for that matter vetrans of poker. I have just finished my new ebook 'Internet Poker Homestudy Course' but before I start marketing it I what to get some feedback on it.

So I am offering the first 200 people a FREE copy of the ebook in exchange for any comments they might have. If your interested goto http://www.poker.quentsinfo.com/

I am only asking for email addresses so I can request feedback, under no circumstanes will I pass or sell them onto a thrid party.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Something for you beginners

Singed up and downloaded the book.

Looking forward to having a read through.

Just one point: There is a spelling error on "Download" on the download page.

Ian
Old 11-10-2006, 10:49 AM

Its only a little mistake and the site wont be up long, thanks anyway enjoy
Old 11-10-2006, 10:59 AM

I was just looking through the web page, and at the bottom, I saw this:

"How to use the nationality of the players at your table to manipulate them into virtually 'Rifting' you their money"

Seems an interesting one for discussion.

PJS
Old 11-10-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its only a little mistake and the site wont be up long, thanks anyway enjoy

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry- just trying to be constructive. I've had a qick skim through the book since downloading, but need to do through it again at a slower pace before giving feedback. But there's obviously a lot of work gone into it.

Ian
Old 11-10-2006, 05:26 PM

There are a small number of grammar errors, just as a double ,, on page 32, and you use "in between" a couple of times.

Also, on page 76 under the section, The River, you give advice that if there is no paired community cards then there can be no four of a kind, but then say pretty nice to know if you are holding a full house. You can't have a full house either without a paired community card. This is likely a proof reading error because the next paragraph explains this. I think you meant a flush in the first example.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:54 PM

Downloaded. Reading as time allows. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:49 PM

Got it. I'll digest and write a through review. Will x-post here amd on your site when I'm done.

May take a while.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:24 PM

pg 29 pair of kings in hand and one on flop is not "trips" (also pg 40 does 'set' not exist? It is MUCH stronger than trips)(dude, this is getting redundant but pg 40.... you need to fix this as you are flawed in your vocabulary)(82)

pg 30 I'm not happy with the paragraph that begins "The other thing to consider..." It seems contradictory and not altogether a true statement.

pg 40 The first kind of hands you bring in are SFD (not 1 but 2 !!!) and you say they are a long shot. Not a GOOD thing to hoist upon beginners to be looking at that hand and saying mmmmmm, str8 flush draw. Start them off with something MORE REALISTIC. please.

pg 69 Party???? FTP?????

pg 74 Checking: If you are playing with air, do you allow the other players to see your mucked cards SHOULD be a consideration also.

pg 75 The Flop.... never say always.

pg 79 to suggest that a player needs to bluff "when low on chips or suffering a bad run of cards" is sinful. Reading on thru the next paragraph.... I think u may want to reword this area.

pg 83 no mention of Internet lag or multitablers when discussing timing is wrong.

pg 84 double-dippers... never heard of em. And to suggest that a BEGINNERS can exploit a multi-tabling 2+2er is a stretch.

pg 84 size matters... please include a statement about what it means when someone is constantly rebuying to max allowed. Also later on that page... I like to advertise that I was bluffing just as I was about to start a 'tight' session. You did not explain that part well enough.

pg 103 name the sites with bots

You stress that hole cards are important to the beginning player. Did you say anywhere that this beginner needs to start at small stakes before diving into online play....as at MSNL and higher, the player's actual hand is of less importance???
no statement about PT or PAHUD or 2+2. A listing in Appendix IS NOT ENOUGH!
6Max tables
Short stackers?
seat preference per specific player type for pg 34
intial sign-on bonus and RAKEBACK discussed?
You Appendix is woefully outdated. Also, no mention of 2+2 but you come here looking for feedback. Some statement about the "new" US law maybe?
Really, I just skimmed this. You put a lot of work in... good job.