FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 04:14 AM

Default Re: [50NL] KK getting raised on river

Bet turn, as played fold river.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
regardless of the fact that no worse hands will call...

[/ QUOTE ]
I think 77-JJ might call and they are definitly in villain range.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he wants value from 77-jj, then he should be betting the turn. there are about 14 cards you don't want to see on the river, and they all got there.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:20 PM

bet turn

as played: call river. that looks like kinda stealbet
Old 05-03-2007, 02:19 PM

Results?

A flopped set or two pair play this hand the same.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Button player is unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vs an unknown, I think you should fold at the river.

Vs a known player who you think will pull this move to steal from your "obvious" blocking bet with an overpair, then you might have to call.

Your raise/bet/check/block line is pretty standard for an overpair. It's standard because it works. It works because the turn check keeps the pot small and induces villain to call a little light on the river with hands that you beat. Villain's raise over the blocker is most likely a better hand than yours, or a steal attempt from a good player who knows you're blocking at the river.

So, like I said, vs an unknown you can fold.

I also think, given the pot size, c/c on the river might be ok too. That way some hands that you beat might be induced to bet up to $11, and you can call that just fine with KK.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Button player is unknown.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP1 ($42.25)
MP2 ($100.25)
CO ($61.70)
Button ($49.25)
SB ($36.90)
BB ($10)
Hero ($60.55)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, Button calls $3.50.

He calls but there's no flushdraw. Does he have an overpair? Or 56s? Or maybe flopped a set or a straight?

Turn: ($11.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

He called me on the flop and I don't like it, so I check. Is this ok? Or should I bet and fold to a raise, or bet and when he calls check/fold river?

River: ($11.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $20</font>, Hero ??

Often I pick up the pot when I lead out on the river. But this time I get reraised. Looks too strong for me to call. Or is he just reraising because I was weak on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably check the turn here for pot control, and check/call a Pot sized bet on the river.

The way this hand is played it looks like a standard c-bet on the flop, then a give up check on the turn, then since the villian appeared weak on the turn you made another small stab at the river.

I think I check/call the river as played, giving the villian a chance to bluff or incorrectly value bet an overpair 77-QQ.

I find under-repping your hand tends to lead to some tough decisions like this one, and generally if your opponnent is trying to put you on a hand or range (a decent, thinking opponnent), then you usually have to make this call as played.