Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Boston Celtics \'07-\'08 Banner 17 Thread

Can someone tell me why KG always jumps up and grabs the ball if someone tries to shoot after the whistle?

Because he cant help but try to stop everyball that comes close to the rim. Also he doesnt want to give opponents the satisfaction of making a shot (metagame)

GreenKoolAid I completley agree - TA should not return untill he is 100%, the team is playing well and we are suprisingly deep. He is only risking injury and hurting his confidence playing right now

Scal getting knocked out was funny no doubt, its not like he was going to die from a minor concussion. He played great tonight too!!!

Go C's

should be 7-0 tommmorw against Vince less Nets
Old 11-14-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus what is with you people. I know Boston is busting at the seams with a bunch of holier-than-thou know-it-alls, but this is silly. I'm not saying Scal having a concussion is hilarious. I said getting. Anyone who watched the play live and saw the look on his face who didn't laugh is wound up too tight. Or to be more specific, anyone who thinks those that did laugh at it are lacking in moral fiber or some [censored] is wound up too tight. No one, after seeing that play, would have guessed he would end up with a concussion. It looked like any other routine knock to the face that happens a thousand times a season. And people getting hurt and looking funny doing so has been funny since the beginning of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

fine, your post is awesome, but it reads as though you enjoyed a celtic getting hurt.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone tell me why KG always jumps up and grabs the ball if someone tries to shoot after the whistle?

[/ QUOTE ]

he is sending the message "no one scores on my hoop". i love the mentality. BROTHERHOOD
Old 11-14-2007, 01:41 AM

Good God the Celtics look awesome.

The same cannot be said for Larry Legend, which is depressing because I somewhat resemble him. But I saw a post-game interview with him and it was pretty scary.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:01 AM

The C's proved tonight that they can sleepwalk through a game and still win by double digits. Scary. FWIW, this was one of the worst basketball games I've ever watched. Also, I agree with Tommy - I don't even know what a foul is anymore.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The same cannot be said for Larry Legend, which is depressing because I somewhat resemble him. But I saw a post-game interview with him and it was pretty scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Dude looks like he's aged 20 years and put on about 30 lbs. He hasn't quite yet reached Brian Cashman status in terms of looking like he's burned out, but he's getting there. He did make a funny joke about Kevin McHale saving Danny Ainge's job in the interview.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:53 AM

Dear God,

I promise to not troll this thread as long as Celtics continue covering the point spread every night.

Thank you, and please tell Dad I said hi,
Johnny
Old 11-14-2007, 03:04 AM

new to this thread. my reasons for rooting for the celtics this year:

1. i have always liked garnett. he is awesome and deserves a chance to win a title.

2. i remember eddie house all the way back from hayward high school and remember thinking to myself, this guy is a baller, he can make it in the NBA.

3. i have always thought pierce was really good and underrated. like kg, he is awesome and deserves a chance to win a title.

4. i watched a lot of leon powe when he was at cal.

so go celtics! (unless they are playing the warriors of course)
Old 11-14-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The C's proved tonight that they can sleepwalk through a game and still win by double digits. against the worst team in the worst division. Scary that they didnt win by 30. FWIW, this was one of the worst basketball games I've ever watched. Also, I agree with Tommy - I don't even know what a foul is anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 11-14-2007, 08:40 AM

Hey Celts fans, ESPN says your team is on pace to be the greatest ever, after taking a one game lead on them after all of six games.

Best Teams Ever Comparison