Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods World Poker Finals thread

The 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hand of Kathy's needs more love. First she tries to screw him preflop by being a rules stickler. Then on the flop she does a pathetic job of trying to talk some information out of him and totally fails, then proceeds to call an overbet out of position with a non-nut draw. Hits the river and just jams a huge bet into the guy who likes to bluff. So so funny on every street. C'mon, I know everyone was rooting for that [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to fall.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hand of Kathy's needs more love. First she tries to screw him preflop by being a rules stickler. Then on the flop she does a pathetic job of trying to talk some information out of him and totally fails, then proceeds to call an overbet out of position with a non-nut draw. Hits the river and just jams a huge bet into the guy who likes to bluff. So so funny on every street. C'mon, I know everyone was rooting for that [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to fall.

[/ QUOTE ]

she hit it on the turn
Old 05-27-2007, 03:08 PM

There were no women at this final table :P
Old 05-28-2007, 06:00 PM

LOL at this being the best episode. The worst play by far of this final table was Nenad asking for a count in the final hand when E.G. pushed. Hahaha
Old 05-28-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL at this being the best episode. The worst play by far of this final table was Nenad asking for a count in the final hand when E.G. pushed. Hahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

EG was such a huge tell-box. Nenad probably did it to see EG's reaction. Also, as we learned at last year's WSOP, the number of chips in play is hardly static.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:41 PM

Is this episode online anywhere?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:10 AM

its on pokertube
Old 05-29-2007, 02:48 PM

Kathy really needs a PR manager telling her to stop acting in such an annoying way. Obviously she doesn't listen to us, but maybe she will listen to someone she pays to tell her exactly the same.

Oh yeah, I was rooting for the heart too.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:20 PM

Nenad was the only person that played well at this final table. I was very disappointed that Mimi essentially rolled over to nenad, she played very straightforward and scared. I think she's probably better than she showed tonight, perhaps that misunderstanding with Barry threw her game off more than we realize. EG was obviously horrible, and that Michael O fellow didn't seem able to adjust to it.

With the exception of Nenad, I felt like the standard of play was pretty equivalent to a stars 50NL 6max table. LOL documents.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:11 PM

I think the thing you are all forgetting about the Kathy Leibert hand is that EG STARTED CLAPPING WHEN SHE CALLED.

How do sirens not go off in your head when your opponent starts clapping at your play? How does that not scream to her, "GET OUT OF THE HAND"

Has that ever happened to you? You are thinking about a tough flop decision and you decide to call and your opponent starts clapping for you. Wouldn't you either be (1) very angry about your opponent mocking you or (2) be worried that your opponent has a big hand? Was she so laser-focused on hitting that [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that she didn't see that?