Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 03:49 AM

Default NL 200. TT super deep.

Villain is probably drunk/doesn't care/idiot. He constantly reraises with hands like 75o and pretty much never folds preflop once he has put money in pot. Postflop he doesn't seem to fold top pair or an overpair no matter what. He can also play draws fairly aggressive.

So to the actual hand. 5 handed, villain has 1050$ and hero covers.

Hero is CO and raises to 7$ with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain reraises to 12$ from sb, others fold. Hero? If you say call/fold/reraise, please explain why and give some sort of postflop plan.

Edit: One more read on the villain that will come to play postflop. He gives up pots easily on the flop, when he misses totally but bets fairly aggressively himself when he has a "good" hand. "Good" can be anything from small top pair to combo draws and better of course.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:54 AM

Default Re: NL 200. TT super deep.

Reraise (assuming you are comfortable with the stakes).

Explanation:

1. see your first paragraph
2. you have TT
Old 11-23-2007, 04:22 AM

rr pf. You're almost always ahead here, and his 3 bet was so small. This is also a good chance to take control against him and put him back into station mode, at least against you.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:44 AM

id reraise it but not too big, maybe $35 to go.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
rr pf. You're almost always ahead here, and his 3 bet was so small. This is also a good chance to take control against him and put him back into station mode, at least against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my thougths. After this line, I hope that I can control the hand better postflop. This didn't happen unfortunately, but at least I had a plan. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So hero reraises to 47$ and villain naturally calls.

Flop (96$) comes 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain leads 48$. Hero?
Old 11-23-2007, 05:03 AM

I think I would flat call preflop (which I don't think is results oriented because you got a pretty rocking flop :P). Perhaps it's "weak" to not want to put a lot of money in here versus someone who appears to have a range of ATC but I don't like building big pots with a lot behind with 1010.

As played I'd raise to $150 and hopefully he is one of those easily readable types (strong means weak sorts) if he puts a lot more action in.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:14 AM

Since villain has 5 buy-ins and is pretty aggressive, maybe he isn't drunk or don't care or idiot, and he rocks?

I'd rr 3/4 pot.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since villain has 5 buy-ins and is pretty aggressive, maybe he isn't drunk or don't care or idiot, and he rocks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain had around 600$ when I got to the table. Then he won quite a few huge pots by hitting every single flop/suckin out on later streets. Actually he had 1,6k at some stage but has lost about 600$ by playing way too big pots with marginal holdings. He definately doesn't rock but is very difficult to play against.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As played I'd raise to $150 and hopefully he is one of those easily readable types (strong means weak sorts) if he puts a lot more action in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I don't like raising here because:
1) I have position. I might as well use it. There are 2 streets where hero can see what cards come and hopefully apply some pot control/gain more information about villains hand.
2) Raising the flop would lead into a situation where hero would play for his whole stack on later streets. Even against a super donk like him, playing for 500bb's with TT doesn't feel too good.
3) By raising, hero would reopen the betting on the flop. Villain might reraise with hands that hero beats and this would put hero in a very difficult spot. Raising for information isn't generally a very good idea and in this situation the information is very difficult to interpret.
4) Board is very coordinated. Usually that doesn't mean much when the flop is filled with low cards, but this villain might have easily flopped a 2 pair/straight/good combo draw. By raising hero could put himself into a awful reverse implied odds spot.
5) By just calling, villain might think hero just has 2 overcards and can continue betting with marginal hands.

I'm not sure, but raising here isn't very good idea in my mind. Hero likely has the best hand, but just calling and playing for pot control should be ok. If we were 150 bb's deep I would have no problem raising and getting the rest of my money in asap.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:29 AM

So hero actually calls the flop bet.
Turn (192$) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Villain bets 154$. Hero?