Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Nut straight, board double paired

I'm thinking I should have pushed the turn, but should this be called?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB (t2940)
BB (t2300)
UTG (t2780)
UTG+1 (t3170)
Hero (t3655)
MP2 (t2285)
MP3 (t3030)
CO (t3795)
Button (t3045)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t30, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t90</font>, Hero calls t60, Button calls t60.

Flop: (t285) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t285) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t120</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t420</font>, Button calls t420, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1080</font>, Hero calls t660, Button calls t660.

River: (t3525) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t1130 (All-In)</font>, Hero ?
Old 06-11-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Nut straight, board double paired

looks like a fairly easy fold, IMO.

if BB doesn't have you beat, Button probably does. J10, QJ is very conceivably in either of their ranges.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:27 PM

no. you should not call this shove.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:28 PM

It's a tough decision on the river, but I would have probably pushed the turn after he reraised you.

The preflop raise looks weird in that he's betting 90 into 2 limpers, when it probably should have been raised to 150. Do you think 90 means weak or strong? I'd probably err on the side of strong, so I could probably see AA or KK playing the flop this way, and then on the turn, he could think you hit a Queen and be trying to get your chips in there with his overpair figuring he can beat your Queen. Given what I think about that, I'd push the turn.

I'd have a tough time folding the river.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a tough decision on the river, but I would have probably pushed the turn after he reraised you.

The preflop raise looks weird in that he's betting 90 into 2 limpers, when it probably should have been raised to 150. Do you think 90 means weak or strong? I'd probably err on the side of strong, so I could probably see AA or KK playing the flop this way, and then on the turn, he could think you hit a Queen and be trying to get your chips in there with his overpair figuring he can beat your Queen. Given what I think about that, I'd push the turn.

I'd have a tough time folding the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

FX,
Did you miss the fact that the button is also still in the hand for 1000 chips on the turn?
Old 06-11-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FX,
Did you miss the fact that the button is also still in the hand for 1000 chips on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I saw him, I just didn't think he was very strong.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:24 PM

you really don't think that either of them has a ten or a queen? you think that both of them are calling off a ton of chips on the turn with just a flush draw (and with us holding the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])

I don't care if hero would have won this hand... calling here in a 3 way pot would be REALLY bad.

Oh, and shove the turn
Old 06-11-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you really don't think that either of them has a ten or a queen? you think that both of them are calling off a ton of chips on the turn with just a flush draw (and with us holding the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])

I don't care if hero would have won this hand... calling here in a 3 way pot would be REALLY bad.

Oh, and shove the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talking about on the turn. I didn't think either of them were AS strong as we are (with the straight) on the turn. The river is a whole different story.

My post(s) may not have been very clear. I can't remember exactly what I had written.

And I probably would fold the river, although I'd have a tough time. I think that is what I said.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:34 PM

you wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
It's a tough decision on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care if stevepa himself comes into this thread and tells me otherwise... there is no way that this is ever a tough decision on the river in a 3 way pot
Old 06-11-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
It's a tough decision on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care if stevepa himself comes into this thread and tells me otherwise... there is no way that this is ever a tough decision on the river in a 3 way pot

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you're looking at. I think I started typing before I gave it more thought, and then I relooked at the hand and deleted most of what I had, and then went into that paragraph, and then at the end said I would have a tough time folding..blah blah blah.

I give up. You're right. Easy fold. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]