Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Red Rock Info

Hi all,

Heading out to vegas in a couple months. Planning on playing mostly at the Red Rock. I was there a year ago and there seemed to be ample traffic in the room, always at least 10 or so tables running. After reading this thread I'm a little skeptical... What's the traffic like there recently, particularly for NL games? Seemed like they always had a 2/5 running last year, and I've heard that they occasionally spread a 5/10 as well? Any info appreciated.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Red Rock Info

Stopped in the other day, they had a full room ~12 tables, varying from 1-3nl to 5-10nl. Some limit games. The game I was in was weak tight.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:38 PM

I was there last Saturday night and the room was full. I played 1/2 NL and it was pretty passive. There were quite a few regulars at my table. They mostly played weak/tight unless they had a draw to chase.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:20 PM

The traffic has picked back up due to some popular promotions. 2-5 runs daily and 1-2 24hrs/day. Someone above mentioned 1-3 NL but they don't spread that.

The 8-16 has been going ~5 nights a week as far as limit play goes.Usually starts in late afternoon. 4-8 is pretty constant - I have played at 3:00 am on a weekday at a full table. Omaha hi/lo 4-8 runs every day as well now.

I have seen 5-10 NL go on weekends maybe 1 night but I primarily play limit so don't really follow that issue closely.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:54 PM

I said 1-3 as a generic term, not sure what it was. I guess it was 1-2, sorry, didn't play it.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The traffic has picked back up due to some popular promotions. 2-5 runs daily and 1-2 24hrs/day. Someone above mentioned 1-3 NL but they don't spread that.

The 8-16 has been going ~5 nights a week as far as limit play goes.Usually starts in late afternoon. 4-8 is pretty constant - I have played at 3:00 am on a weekday at a full table. Omaha hi/lo 4-8 runs every day as well now.

I have seen 5-10 NL go on weekends maybe 1 night but I primarily play limit so don't really follow that issue closely.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool, tyvm for the info
Old 11-12-2007, 12:50 AM

The 4/8 OhiLo game normally starts around midday and runs sometimes through till around 10 or later in the evening, but lately it's been breaking up fairly early.

There's been a HORSE game there as well some nights - they list the interest as 4/8 but it usually always starts at 6/12.

The 2/4 games are loose passive/tight passive depending on the time of day. The comps are great if you like to eat there and I love the dealers, the atmosphere and the room in general.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
.... The comps are great if you like to eat there....

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the comp situation ? I assumed it was $1/hr.

Anybody in particular who needs greasing ?