Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

Katy that's not really accurate. Really it's just that YOUR specific opinions re: what's hot, from that Lounge thread, just kind of make me cringe, LOL.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:13 AM

That's not accurate? You don't think the whole PUA idea is morally bankrupt? Do you think girls who fall for the PUA are morally weak?
Old 08-11-2007, 11:31 AM

'cardo:

I had some thoughts re: PUA and arete that I thought I posted here, but I guess not. Arete is mostly the concept that by being your good self, you will achieve everything you want. There's obviously a ton of other things with it as well - but it's a concept that has passed the world by, and one wonders if it ever existed at all.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:37 AM

Your interpretation of my interpretation = kinda off, ldo.

More on this conception of women thing. Like - the only woman who probably conforms, kinda, to that description Drew threw down earlier, that I know very well, is a friend of my mother's that I've known since I was born. She is, to put it mildly, a complete fool. But from what I know of how and why she selects men (her third marriage is ending), that stuff sounds pretty close.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Katy that's not really accurate. Really it's just that YOUR specific opinions re: what's hot, from that Lounge thread, just kind of make me cringe, LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find Blarg's characteristics and values kind of hot. What do you say to that mr. smartypants?

I love a lot of different kinds of men. I don't group men into only 2 categories either, the way I suspect you do women.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:27 PM

Cardo,

I bet some weed would make your existential crises evaporate, if you're willing to try a change in perspective.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Cardo, I dont normally like to give out advice this simple and perfect, but if you want to get girls who look like super models in bed with you by doing pretty much nothing at all, just do the following. Go to a city in a non first world country, anywhere in Latin America, Eastern Europe, Africa, or Asia will do. Get on a bus in that city. Then get off at random stops. You are looking for an area where there arent any other white faces, you will notice that people on the street will start looking at you more frequently. When you find this area, go sit down in a coffee shop and order a soda. At this point, you dont have to do anything except smile at groups of girls. They will initiate the conversation with you. Consider that you are probably the only white guy who they have ever spoken to in their entire life. You look completely different then all of the men they have spoken to the last twenty years. You look like the guys they watch on television. You are just a handsome guy who came out of nowhere and is now talking to them. If you have been reading these PUA books and have even the slightest clue how women think, you should be able to see that this is going to be like shooting fish in a barrel. Also, just because that might not be wealthy does not mean that they are uneducated, for example in Thailand 70% of the University students are female. Some of the girls will be interested from a pure physical standpoint, while others will not be giving out these signals because they are twenty-four year old virgins waiting for marriage. Act responsibly.

[/ QUOTE ]

suppose I go to a coffee shop in usa/can. But before going in, I put on my platform boots, my leather trench coat, my top hat, my silver nail polish, my black eye liner, my chains, 4 watches, and pleather pants. I sit down. I order a soda. The girls have never seen anything like me in person. I smile at them, they start talking to me. Im nothing like any other guy theyve seen+talked to in the last 20 years.

interesting
Old 08-11-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"You are a politician. You can't deny this. You repeatedly and obviously take sides with that which you think will better your status in the community"

Provide examples. Seriously.

I don't get how somebody can look at my posting history and see how I come off as somebody who gives a [censored] about his standing in the 2p2 community. The people I'm friendly with are for the most part posters I've met in real life and with whom I share real life friendships. Any status I have in the 2p2 community is built on the foundation of those friendships.

It should be pretty evident that I'm not attacking Cardo because he's "weak", it's [censored] personal. I'm not going to pretend that I'm an angel, but to assume that I'm beefing with posters to help some 2p2 Q rating is retarded. I'm fully aware that most of the time when I get into beef with people it just makes me look like an ingrate who takes the internet too seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fully aware is pretty far from your skill set, and so is honesty.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea what you are talking about and should probably stfu.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're out of your depth and useless here.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Cardo, I dont normally like to give out advice this simple and perfect, but if you want to get girls who look like super models in bed with you by doing pretty much nothing at all, just do the following. Go to a city in a non first world country, anywhere in Latin America, Eastern Europe, Africa, or Asia will do. Get on a bus in that city. Then get off at random stops. You are looking for an area where there arent any other white faces, you will notice that people on the street will start looking at you more frequently. When you find this area, go sit down in a coffee shop and order a soda. At this point, you dont have to do anything except smile at groups of girls. They will initiate the conversation with you. Consider that you are probably the only white guy who they have ever spoken to in their entire life. You look completely different then all of the men they have spoken to the last twenty years. You look like the guys they watch on television. You are just a handsome guy who came out of nowhere and is now talking to them. If you have been reading these PUA books and have even the slightest clue how women think, you should be able to see that this is going to be like shooting fish in a barrel. Also, just because that might not be wealthy does not mean that they are uneducated, for example in Thailand 70% of the University students are female. Some of the girls will be interested from a pure physical standpoint, while others will not be giving out these signals because they are twenty-four year old virgins waiting for marriage. Act responsibly.

[/ QUOTE ]

suppose I go to a coffee shop in usa/can. But before going in, I put on my platform boots, my leather trench coat, my top hat, my silver nail polish, my black eye liner, my chains, 4 watches, and pleather pants. I sit down. I order a soda. The girls have never seen anything like me in person. I smile at them, they start talking to me. Im nothing like any other guy theyve seen+talked to in the last 20 years.

interesting

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is, the guys who just try to be followers of oddball trends tend to look either triumphant or desperately alone, depending on how much of their crowd they're with. Seems like a low percentage play that goes with a fair amount of making yourself feel like an outsider and trying to point it out to others so they'll probably feel more comfortable rejecting you without even getting to know you or being curious.

What KKF talks about sounds more like providing something genuinely interesting to people. Unfortunately, as it is based on genetics, you can't really just "decide" to do it in daily life, unless you cross oceans and continents.

Either approach doesn't sound too applicable to daily life for Joe Blow in the USA. But KKF's sounds more fun and rewarding.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:22 PM

LFS,

"Things that I think are goofy: peacocking"

I am not 100% sure on this, but I don't think peacocking is limited to the over-the-top dressing style. I believe normal common sense stuff like just dressing with a nice shirt and some nice shoes that women notice would also be referred to as peacocking.

I think overall you have pretty much the same impression of the PUA stuff as I do. Have you read The Game? If not, you should read it. It's a good read and addresses both some of the negative/emptier parts of the "PUA lifestyle" as well as some of the positive longer-term benefits.