Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2006, 10:08 AM

Default Week in Vegas bankroll / games suggestion

My girlfriend and I are going to Vegas for a week in early June. I was wondering for limits to play suggestions for the two of us.

I play $1/2 mostly online now. I've played $1/2 at Commerce twice and $2/4 at Foxwoods once as my only live experience. They were both very loose and enjoyable. My bankroll is about $1,200, so I feel confident playing $2/4 live. I think for a week, I'd play $3/6 and maybe $4/8 if the games are loose. How likely is that to really damage my bankroll if I start off with a bad run of cards? (There's also the adjusting to how large the pots are, and how big the swings are.) I think the 3/6 and 4/8 will be a lot easier to find than 2/4 in Vegas, right?

My girlfriend is a beginner. When we played at Foxwoods (at different tables), over 2 hours I won $7, she lost $150! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] She plays too loose, and you probably know the rest. Now she has a large income, and she can afford to gambool like this. (She also lost a few hundred on slots that day.) But I'd like to play some longer sessions, 4-6 hours, and looking for ideas what she can play to maybe not lose so much. Do they have low-limit SNGs? Or small buy-in MTTs that may keep her occupied for much of a day?

We are staying across from Monte Carlo, between MGM Grand and Aladdin, so places close are better, I guess... Never been to Vegas before.

Thanks!

-Tom
Old 05-04-2006, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Week in Vegas bankroll / games suggestion

Dude, Vegas is covered heavily on allvegaspoker.com. Great site lots of trip reports and reviews.

For 2/4, there is no way you're going to blow your bankroll if you are a good and patient gambler. People will look you up with busted draws just to see what you have, or hoping Queen-high is good enough. It's ridiculous. MGM, Aladdin are fine. Imperial Palace has the best comps and some inexpensive tournaments. Have fun and try them all. Your girlfriend, tell her she would get better entertainment value with $150 in 2 hours at Olympic Gardens.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:43 PM

I played a lot of 4/8 half kill at the MGM last weekend. It was a pretty good game and I like the poker room a ton.

I would also highly recommend the Wynn 4/8 game. A lot of rich people stay there and want to play some poker but don't know how so they take seats in the 4/8 game. Very juicy. The Wynn room was my overall favorite. I loved the tables, chairs, and overall atmosphere. It is a bit of a hike, but if you plan on putting in long sessions that doesn't really matter.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:45 PM

you didn't happen to be playing that game from about 12am to 5am sunday morning, did you? :-)
Old 05-06-2006, 06:19 PM

Thanks Man of Means.

Anyone else have any ideas? Bumped for the weekend crowd...

-Tom