Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 11:21 AM

Default Near last minute - where to stay for New Years?

My girlfriend (who plays poker) and I want to stay in a hotel somewhere either for Dec. 30 and 31, or 2 weeks later for MLK holiday (Jan 13-14). We could go to AC, to Foxwoods area, to Turning Stone, New York, Boston, Philly, or the Poconos. It's pretty late notice, and seems that everything is booked or damn expensive for Dec. 30 and 31. Her requirement is "it should have room service - not a Travelodge." Poker is not required. We don't need to do anything special at midnight.

We'd be OK going to AC, getting tickets for Jim Norton at the Borgata for Dec. 31, but I don't know where we can stay. Any ideas? I guess we could pay $250 per night +/- a little.

Thanks so much,

-Tom
Old 12-15-2006, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Near last minute - where to stay for New Years?

no idea what the stone is doing this year but i was there last year and it was a big party and a good time... wasn't outrageious either though i don't recall exactly how much it was, probably on the order of what you're talking
Old 12-15-2006, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no idea what the stone is doing this year but i was there last year and it was a big party and a good time... wasn't outrageious either though i don't recall exactly how much it was, probably on the order of what you're talking

[/ QUOTE ]
Turning Stone was all sold out for New Years. I did say this was near last minute.

-Tom
Old 12-15-2006, 01:10 PM

My BF must love me. We wanted to go to Caesar's IN for New Year's, as we did last year when we stayed in a hotel in town, but Caesar's is booked. Instead of driving that night (morning!) to a hotel, I voted to take my pick-up and 33-yr-old camper! Who needs room service?
Old 12-16-2006, 11:38 AM

bump