Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Re: 25NL JJ vs K high flop

i learned a long time ago to raise the flop to find out where you are. shut down if youre called.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:50 AM

Hmm I dont like raising this flop myself as it turns my possibly good hand into a bluff. Mb its the right move dunno, is there any other options? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2007, 04:00 AM

Great I just went through the hand like 100 times and came up too a conclusion about it...

The donk bet into me the 3 better must mean something like a weak King, sets or a lower pp... (could be complete air sometimes if the villian is a mainac)... So the question is do I want too try and get the weak king too fold on the flop or do I want too get value from the lower ppīs. The answer is obvious if I want too continue in the hand I must belive he will fold a weaker king too a rr on the flop or I must lay this down.

I think the answer is reraising the flop at this limit is -ev if I dont have a good read on my opponment, thus my conclusion here is too reraise the flop vs like 30% of the villians and fold too the rest.

sry just wanted too spew my thoughts about this, as I felt I played the hand really bad.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:58 AM

the problem is the way it was played you have very little idea what villain has.

He could easily have many kings here but also draws + PP you have beat.

There is another thread titled "set played too agressive? " or something like that which is somewhat similar to this, in that you are dealing with a villain donk betting super weak into you.

I tend to disagree with you and think that you should raise the flop. Bump it up to $6- $7 and then you have an easy C/F decision on later streets- as played, you put ~$9.5 into the pot after the flop and still didnt know where you were at ...
Old 11-29-2007, 05:33 AM

edit: thread is actually called " Too aggressive with set" i believe, check it out OP, situation is not identical at all, but it may help ya