Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you do on turn?
bet 46 88.46%
check 6 11.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2007, 12:33 PM

Default What is up with the rocks?

I been playing poker for the past 4-5 years, mostly live, but also online. I play on almost all sites, but have been using pokerstars because they have great software / support.

Anyways, what's up with all the rocks? I mean, cash games now play like tournaments. People don't play unless they got AK,KK,AA,AQ ...It's good and all, because I play lots of hands for the enjoyment of gambling. But I find it hilarious when I call raises with like Q10 in a cash game knowing very well that I could be dominated with something like AQ or maybe even KK, but if I flop a killer it's so easy to get money off the 'rocks'. For instance, I was playing a small cash game yesterday .5/1 and this guy raised to 5, I called with Q10 soley on hoping I flop big like two pair or a straight. Well flop comes something like Q-10-4 with no apparent flush. This guy checks trying to play tricky, blah balh, I don't, I bet out pretty big. So this guy reraises me all-in for about 100 bux in a 25 dollar pot.

I knew he either had KK or AQ.. maybe a set but doubtful since I have top two. Ends up he had AQ and no further luck for him and I won a juicy pot.

I usually get unlucky in this position cause a river will come for a higher two pair. But I always get my money in as a huge favorite because it's so easy to put people on hands. Especially at this point in Poker, SO many people play like rocks with dreams of playing as a living. I think you're more successful if you play for the enjoyment...

Don't really know my point of this thread, but whats up with all the rocks that play online now? Can you really be that successful if you only play huge hands? I find that I lose more when I play 'quality' hands... even if I play them aggressively preflop.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: What is up with the rocks?

nice leveling
Old 04-03-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nice leveling

[/ QUOTE ]
leveled?
Old 04-03-2007, 12:44 PM

HIIIIIIIIII DDY
Old 04-03-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HIIIIIIIIII DDY

[/ QUOTE ]

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeey
Old 04-03-2007, 12:45 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2007, 12:48 PM

Hey DDY,

I been playing poker for the past 40-50 years, mostly live, but also online. I play on almost all sites, but have been using pokerstars because I think lee Jones is handsome.

Anyways, what's up with all the girls? I mean, cash games now play like tournaments, chicks everywhere. People don't play unless they got AK,KK,AA,AQ or a nice breast...It's good and all, because I play lots of hands for the enjoyment of gambling. But I find it hilarious when I call raises with like Q10 in a cash game knowing very well that I could be dominated with something like AQ or maybe even KK, but if I flop a killer it's so easy to get money off the 'rocks'. Plus my wife left me. For instance, I was playing a small cash game yesterday .5/1 and this guy raised to 5, I called with Q10 soley on hoping I flop big like two pair or a straight. Well flop comes something like Q-10-4 with no apparent flush. This guy checks trying to play tricky, blah balh, I don't, I bet out pretty big. So this guy reraises me all-in for about 100 bux in a 25 dollar pot. I called my wife and she started screaming! She put Donny, her new boyfriend on the phone and he asked me to never call there again. After a few pleasant exchanges Donny suggested to the police that they change their number at my expense and a restraining order or something be put into effect.

Anyway, I knew he either had KK or AQ.. maybe a set but doubtful since I have top two. Ends up he had AQ and no further luck for him and I won a juicy pot. Good thing because it was going to cost me $8 to have their number changed. Plus, since I had been driving by their house every day on the way to work, I would have to find a new route.

I usually get unlucky in this position cause a river will come for a higher two pair. But I always get my money in as a huge favorite because it's so easy to put people on hands. Especially at this point in Poker, SO many people play like rocks with dreams of playing as a living. I think you're more successful if you play for the enjoyment...But try telling that to DONNY.

Don't really know my point of this thread, but whats up with all the girls that play online now? Can you really be that successful if you only play huge hands? Any of you single? Maybe a date I could get from pokerstars? I find that I lose more when I play 'quality' hands... even if I play them aggressively preflop. I need a big score so i can buy a bigger boat and run over Donny.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:51 PM

What do ghey horses eat?
Old 04-03-2007, 12:52 PM

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeey
Old 04-03-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I been playing poker for the past 4-5 years, mostly live, but also online. I play on almost all sites, but have been using pokerstars because they have great software / support.

Anyways, what's up with all the rocks? I mean, cash games now play like tournaments. People don't play unless they got AK,KK,AA,AQ ...It's good and all, because I play lots of hands for the enjoyment of gambling. But I find it hilarious when I call raises with like Q10 in a cash game knowing very well that I could be dominated with something like AQ or maybe even KK, but if I flop a killer it's so easy to get money off the 'rocks'. For instance, I was playing a small cash game yesterday .5/1 and this guy raised to 5, I called with Q10 soley on hoping I flop big like two pair or a straight. Well flop comes something like Q-10-4 with no apparent flush. This guy checks trying to play tricky, blah balh, I don't, I bet out pretty big. So this guy reraises me all-in for about 100 bux in a 25 dollar pot.

I knew he either had KK or AQ.. maybe a set but doubtful since I have top two. Ends up he had AQ and no further luck for him and I won a juicy pot.

I usually get unlucky in this position cause a river will come for a higher two pair. But I always get my money in as a huge favorite because it's so easy to put people on hands. Especially at this point in Poker, SO many people play like rocks with dreams of playing as a living. I think you're more successful if you play for the enjoyment...

Don't really know my point of this thread, but whats up with all the rocks that play online now? Can you really be that successful if you only play huge hands? I find that I lose more when I play 'quality' hands... even if I play them aggressively preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

DUDE, NO [censored]!!!!! Haven't you seen my thread about q/10? IT' STHE [censored] NUTS! I was playing live yesterday and got dealt q/10 5 times. I got a full house and flopped 2 straights.