Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 07:09 PM

Default ***OFFICIAL DENVER NUGGETS 2007-08 THREAD***

Well,

After one of the toughest weekends as a sports fan with the Rox/Donks combo, I now turn my attention to a team that actually should show some promise this year and *gasp* could MAYBE sneak into the.... wait for it.....

2nd round of the playoffs (ZOMG!)

In all seriousness though, there is no reason why, if healthy, this team doesn't compete with the Spurs/Mavs/Suns of the world this year

Yeah yeah yeah, those are some strong words, and I got grief for even putting them NEAR those teams but...

The Spurs, if they had to rank their playoff series, it would go

1. Suns
2. Nuggets
3. Jazz
4. Cavs

The Nugs scared the Spurs and played 4 extremely close games against them after going 11-1 to close out the season... finally healthy and playing good ball, with a fit Nene... this team was pretty damn good

TEH LINEUP:

PG: Chucky Atkins

Well.... not quite sure what I think here. He can supposedly hit a 3-point FG every once in a while, but Steve Blake was pretty much the perfect unselfish passer who could nail a 3. We'll see how this works

SG: Allen Iverson

Still awesome, but good god, he needs to cut down on the dribble for 20 seconds and shoot a fadeaway jumper out of bounds possessions

SF: Carmelo Anthony

Should be an MVP candidate with a full season of play

PF: K-Mart is starting to start the season, and he has 3% body fat right now.... he is really fit, his knees are good, and he's excited.

Don't know what this means really, he may get injured the first week and NO ONE would be surprised

Nene was a freaking beast against Duncan, held his own, great defesne and good post moves, was REALLY excitign

Then he gained 25 pounds this off-season... and the bad type

Center: PLEASE GIVE US 70 GAMES CAMBY PLEASE ZOMG

Bench:

Linas Kleiza (Shot great beyond the arc down the stretch)
Bobby Jones (Management LOVES this kid that came over with Iverson from Philly... expect 20 minutes a game)
Yakhoube Diawara (Best defender.. I think I shoot better than him though (and I'm a 5-foot-10 guy with no game)
Stephen Hunter

The x-factor this year: JR Smith

This kid has crazy potential

POTENTIAL is the main word there obviously, but man seeing him shoot 6-7 from beyond the arc in a half last year, when he is on he really can't be stopped. It's been ridiculously hard watching his self-destruct with the NY experience, his bad attitude on and off teh court.... he came in the paper after his 3-game team imposed suspension for "Conduct detrimental to the team" and said "I know this team is just trying to help me grow as an individual and I accept full responsibility for my actions."

Well

STOP [censored] UP AND ACTING LIKE A [censored] 15 YEAR OLD

If JR plays consistent level headed ball, and if our team stays healthy and listens to our overrated coach and meshes and plays unselfish ball... look out

But

We've only proven we can do that for a 14-15 game stretch, so I will believe success when I see it

I'd say there is greater than 50% chance we win our division, and given our division and the fact we get to play Portland/Seattle/Minnesota 12 times total, we COULD be a top 2 team in the WCF record wise

Hollinger and Stephen A. Smith have us in the WCF

They're smart right?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

GO NUGGETS!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL DENVER NUGGETS 2007-08 THREAD***

i'm very excited for this season... go Nugz!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:32 PM

<3 Camby
Old 10-31-2007, 07:39 PM

I have you 6th or 7th in the west, and I'm not Hollinger, but maybe my custom title should be. I originally had the Lakers ahead of you, but that's before I knew Odom's shoulder recovery would have him out this long and before all this Kobe hullabaloo.

I did pretty much ignore K-Mart's comeback, though. If he's close to his former self that could be a big deal. The thing is, I'm just not sold on Melo. He'll be an MVP candidate because he scores a lot, but he doesn't do too much else and he really lacks in efficiency. Same with AI.

Camby staying healthy is probably the most important factor for the Nuggets. He's an absolute beast and if you get 70+ games out of him, this team will be very good.

I like Nene quite a bit, too. I didn't know he got fat again, though.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have you 6th or 7th in the west, and I'm not Hollinger, but maybe my custom title should be.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmmmmm.

Good job on the NBA threads guys. Damn skippy after we've been run over by CFB, NFL, and MLB threads the past two months. VIVA LA NBA!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:53 PM

As a huge Nugs fan, I gotta say that I'm stoked (and equally bummed about the last week in Denver sports) for another season.

However, I just don't see how we're going to be anywhere near as good as San Antonio, Dallas, PHX, or even Utah and probably Houston. Given a good injury outlook, maybe we're even with Houston or Utah, but in actuality we're a notch below. This really is a team that plays worse than they should, and it can't beat good teams.

Look for another ~ 50 win season, the 6th seed, and a first round asskicking from one of the beasts in the West.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:01 PM

Stephen A. Smith has them in the nba finals, lock it up!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stephen A. Smith has them in the nba finals, lock it up!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Sreaming A.!
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 'Melo!!! W.B. REPRESENT!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 01:43 AM

Looked good tonight... except Nene, he looked like he gained 20-25 pounds this offseason.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:53 AM

Is it me or does Nene miss more easy layups and put backs than any big man in the league?