Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack

Old 10-14-2006, 06:47 PM

Default Advice

Hi, i'm a uk player looking at getting rb at a few sites. i signed up at absolute last week, but the tables are pretty tight, so i'm wondering where you guys would recommend for rb? ideally, one that clears with bonuses like absolute, or a popular site that has good rates.

i've been tryin to read through all these posts but i'm not learning too much, so any advice would be appreciated. the main sites i don't have accounts with are UB and full tilt.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Advice

ok, no advice.

i'm gonna ask the standard full tilt question then. i've just read about 50 threads on this but i'm not 100% on it yet.

if i sign up for full tilt, they deduct the bonus, yeah? but from what i can tell, u guys say the rb still adds up while it clears? so its not just a case of rb starting after the bonus clears? eg, i saw in another thread, say your total rake is $1000 after clearing the bonus, they deduct 600 (the bonus) leaving 400, of which u would get 27%. is that right? so it does kinda clear at the same time, just at a lower rate? (although in reality, a higher rate because of the bonus?)

i apologise for the question since its continually asked, but i'm still not quite there with it.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:30 PM

Have you tried prima poker? From tight to very loose players, just check the average pot. If you multitable, prima poker network is the best in my opinion. I personally play at purple lounge.

Not sure how it works in the uk, but in Sweden where I live it's no tax on sites in the EU so I tend to play at sites within the union.

Good luck!
Old 10-14-2006, 07:37 PM

thanks rakebacktoday.

i've got an account at pokerrewards. the games were ok, but this was ages ago, and i play shorthanded now, which i think would be pretty lucrative at prima.

what kind of rates am i looking at? theres no tax here on gambling. i'm hoping to find somewhere i can get steady bonuses and rb really, that overall clears at a nice rate.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:46 PM

They have a 100% match up to $1000 if you play $1/$2 or higher and $3 free when you join them. Not sure if I can write rakeback % here...
Old 10-14-2006, 07:59 PM

1k bonus is nice, but it looks like it clears at a really low rate. $1/2 would be the absolute highest i'd be playin in the immediate future since i only recently switched to shorthanded. obviously, i don't know what rate the rb would be, and i've got no idea as to how rb compares with bonus rates at various different sites.

ideally i want a site with plenty of bonuses and rb that is at a high level, and yet at a site with decent fish. otherwise i'd just play the zero rake site. i know i'm asking a lot here, i'm just happy to get any info i can.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:43 PM

You're right, it will take some time to clear the bonus. The bonus deduct from rake like most sites. All I can say is rake is higher then full tilt.

Speaking of full tilt, I'm not sure about your question but I think you will get rakeback after the bonus cleared.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:20 PM

As a UK player, you should definately look at whoring the cryptologic bonuses... these sites have regular monthly bonuses and rakeback (some/most do not subtract bonus from rakeback MGR).

These definately clear faster at 2/4 limit, but you'll find the competition about the same as at 1/2.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you tried prima poker? From tight to very loose players, just check the average pot. If you multitable, prima poker network is the best in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
You sound like another happy Prima no limit player.

Prima limit holdem games are often poor and game selection is very limited.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:25 PM

At FullTilt, you will get rakeback as you clear the bonus.

Basically, the accumulated bonus amount will be deducted from your MGR. The remaining portion of your MGR will be eligible for rakeback.

So, for example, let's say that over the course of a month, you accumulate $600 in MGR, over which time $200 of your bonus has been released. Your rakeback (27%) will then be calculated on $400 ($600 - $200 = $400). So you'll get the $200 plus $108 ($400 *.27).

(These numbers are completely random, just trying to illustrate the point.) The FullTilt bonus takes a long time to clear (for me, it will probably take 15k - 20k hands at 2/4 and 3/6 SH), but it's free money.