Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 01:35 AM

Default First 2000 playing 6 max NL...Please take a look

As the title says this is my first 2000 hands play 6 max NL cash games. I have been playing S&G's but thought I would give the ring games a try. I understand that my sample size is completely inadequate, however I would appreciate it you guys can tell if I'm on the right track and possibly make some recommendations for improvement. My plan is to play 20k hands at this level and then evaluate where I'm at...I just don't want to get to far along in the process to find out that I have some giant holes in my game. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: First 2000 playing 6 max NL...Please take a look

i'm far from being and expert here but u vol put money yn the pot 26.5 and your pf raise % is14.5. i believe it should b a little higher like 18-19. also u may need 2 defend your blinds more.hope u get more feed back.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:25 AM

You are on the right side if you have your pfr above 50% of your $vpip. You will probably eek out more profit if you tighten up your $vpip and raise more especially at those levels.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:31 AM

Slide the bar over to show aggression by street and click the More Details button to have more stats show up.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:24 AM

what does $vpip stand for? :E
Old 10-26-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what does $vpip stand for? :E

[/ QUOTE ]

Voluntarily Put Money in Pot

This excludes blinds, obv.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:35 PM

A few things.

1. Your vpip/pfr ration is off. It should be more like 75%. (i.e. your pfr should be 75% of your VPIP). This means that you are limping too much and not raising enough.
2. Your attempted to steal blinds is too low. This should be >30 and I like >35. This is free money because you will win the blinds a lot and win on a continuation bet frequently.
3. Your blind defence numbers are quite low. I think more in the 80% range is better at the low limits. Once you get into the higher limits this might be better. In the blinds you are going to be OOP and that sucks. Tighten up a bit there.
4. Your went to showdown is very high and your win$at showdown is also very high. This points to running well. Your WTSD should be in the low-mid 20% range and a normal win$ASD in the low 50% range.

If you want more comments, post you post flop aggro numbers and your positional stats from the position tab.

Good Luck.

SMS
Old 10-26-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A few things.

1. Your vpip/pfr ration is off. It should be more like 75%. (i.e. your pfr should be 75% of your VPIP). This means that you are limping too much and not raising enough.
2. Your attempted to steal blinds is too low. This should be >30 and I like >35. This is free money because you will win the blinds a lot and win on a continuation bet frequently.
3. Your blind defence numbers are quite low. I think more in the 80% range is better at the low limits. Once you get into the higher limits this might be better. In the blinds you are going to be OOP and that sucks. Tighten up a bit there.
4. Your went to showdown is very high and your win$at showdown is also very high. This points to running well. Your WTSD should be in the low-mid 20% range and a normal win$ASD in the low 50% range.

If you want more comments, post you post flop aggro numbers and your positional stats from the position tab.

Good Luck.

SMS

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really good advice. If you're not comfortable increasing your raising range yet and want to only keep raising the same hands, try to tighten up a bit (probably mostly in early position) and bring that VPIP down to at least 20%. That being said, raise more on the button to steal the blinds, position is a HUGE advantage.

The rest of the stats already requested would be interesting, too (am I the only one that clicked on the scroll bar in the picture [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
Old 10-26-2007, 09:05 PM

Thanks guys for the great advice. Today I implemented more raising and aggression and it certainly helps! This is exactly what I was looking for so hopefully in the future I can become a decent cash game player. Please see below for additional stats. Thanks!!!