Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 05:18 PM

Default fold this 2-pair?

Villian is playing fairly loose with his big stack but more calling preflop than being aggressive. In the previous orbit he made a pot size donk bet on a raggy flop which I folded to.

I decided to smooth call the flop and raise the turn - there wasn't much I was afraid of and I wanted to try and get max value from the hand. I didn't like the turn card at all and his psb scared the hell out of me. I thought for ages and ages and ended up folding.

I think the main reason I folded was that I didn't want to get stacked, and I could fold this and still nearly have a full stack. This is probably the wrong mindset to play this game optimally, but I thought I should check with you guys if this is the easiest push ever on the turn or if the fold to protect stack was sensible.

One thing that went through my mind was, if he had a set why would he pot the turn, but then with the drawy board it kind of made sense so I wimped out.

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.30
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $14.96
hero: $33.58
SB: $40.88
BB: $133.43

Pre-flop: (4 players) hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $1.2</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2.55, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $4</font>, hero calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($10.55, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $10.55</font>, hero folds.

Uncalled bets: $10.55 returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: $10.55
Old 08-11-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: fold this 2-pair?

i wouldnt wait for the turn, alot of cards kill ur action sonewhat anf if he has a little or nothing he will usally give up on the Turn so very little value in calling imo

i dont want to judge ur turnfold, i think it depends on the history ur image and how plays but i cant see how i can get away from it at this point.

oh and u shouldnt beeing scared about loosing ur stack, scared money etc blahblah
Old 08-12-2007, 05:27 AM

Thanks for replying.

I think I was putting him on the hands that beat me rather than a range of hands, some which beat me and some which dont. Sure sometimes he may be holding 33, 66, T9 etc but a lot of the time he'd be holding 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 89, A8 etc.

I also didn't stop to think what he thought I may have. I'd been raising a fair amount, not laggy but had been getting in quite a few opportunities to steal &amp; raise limpers so he must have put me on a pretty wide range - mostly overcards I guess. I think 78 is the last hand he would have put me on here so thought with a big of aggression he could force a fold. This kind of ties in with my earlier read too when he donked a psb on a raggy flop and I folded.

Now I've thought about this more I think it's a pretty clear push, or at least agree I should repop to flop. I'm ahead here more than I'm behind and in the long run will turn a profit.

I think what I'm going to do is write a list of questions and have it close by so that whenever a big hand like this comes up I can look over it to make sure I come to the right decision. That should help make the process a bit more automatic for the future too which has to be a good thing.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:47 AM

you should reraise the flop. some aggressive players will try to push the PFR off his hand if an ace or king doesn't flop.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:09 AM

OMG no don't fold! I don't mind waiting for the turn especially if he's going to full pot the turn every time. As played shove fast on the turn.

-DeathDonkey