Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-09-2007, 02:42 PM

Default cause of my Full Tilt Crashes, mouse clicks

I corresponded with support and worked on a few things, but I finally realized what is going on with my computer... this is not a joke. anyone else have this problem?

see email below:

Hi I have done the recommended steps, and things seem to be running a little smoother. However I have noticed a severe glitch in the current FTP software. I use a trackball for a mouse, and the buttons are extremely sensitive. If I click the right mouse button, and immediately click the left button afterwards, the Full Tilt software crashes 90% of the time. This "double clicking" is purely accidental on my part, but is a result of multi-tabling.

Can you please run some trials on the software, and attempt to re-create the crash? I would greatly appreciate a software update to prevent this from happening anymore.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: cause of my Full Tilt Crashes, mouse clicks

i find it hard to believe...

also, fwiw, i use a trackball at times with FTP and have not had this problem
Old 10-09-2007, 02:58 PM

This is very possible, FTS used to crash FT because of mouse clicks. An AHK script that would delay the click by .1-.2 seconds should fix the problem, but obv FT needs to correct this also.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:03 PM

I think I may be experiencing the same problem, will have to test later today. The programs I run shouldn't be causing the problem, as they are widely used. I've been testing ever since I started having trouble, leaving the client running with nothing else running to see if it will crash. However, it seems to only crash when playing. I am usually 8-tabling and clicking around quickly when it happens. Again, will test later. My original thread below.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...c=#Post12269377

EDIT: davebreal, can you get it to crash when you are just observing and not playing (by clicking right then left)? I can't seem to get it to crash while observing by just rapidly clicking right then left, and it's not exactly easy for me to test this while playing sit&gos since I risk losing some equity every time it closes / I have to rearrange all my tables again. Maybe I'll try using some micro cash tables.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I may be experiencing the same problem, will have to test later today. The programs I run shouldn't be causing the problem, as they are widely used. I've been testing ever since I started having trouble, leaving the client running with nothing else running to see if it will crash. However, it seems to only crash when playing. I am usually 8-tabling and clicking around quickly when it happens. Again, will test later. My original thread below.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...c=#Post12269377

EDIT: davebreal, can you get it to crash when you are just observing and not playing (by clicking right then left)? I can't seem to get it to crash while observing by just rapidly clicking right then left, and it's not exactly easy for me to test this while playing sit&gos since I risk losing some equity every time it closes / I have to rearrange all my tables again. Maybe I'll try using some micro cash tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

ironically the hard drive on my desktop died this morning... that's the computer with the trackball and Logitech Setpoint (mouse fine-tuning software). i'm not going to be able to run any trials right now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

i just read your original thread now. i do receive an error message when the program crashes, it says something like "full tilt has received an error and must quit now"... gives me some option to debug.

what mouse hardware/software are you using?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what mouse hardware/software are you using?

[/ QUOTE ]
Logitech G7. I don't have the Logitech software installed.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:52 AM

Sorry to jump onto your thread. But after the last software update FTP has been crashing me a number of times. However, in my case ZoneAlarm informs of a process needing to communicate with some part of windows (forget exactly - maybe dr watson or some other component). When I allow it access FTP goes yellow and then windows tells me it has crashed. Needless to say extremely annoying.

With regards to your comments regarding right clicking and then left clicking this makes total sense. Using the bet pot script - a right click to set the bet amount and then a left click to confirm - and then crash. Needless to say this has always happened when I am in the pot - so it makes sense.

Also, using a remote program to control my desktop computer via a secure web browser I play from other locations (so I can still use poker tracker etc.) this never happens which relating to suggestion to use an AHK script to delay the mouse click shoud correct this problem may work - obviously the delay caused by the remote program over the internet causes this delay and so it never happens.

I am glad that I have come accross someone else who has a problem with FTP.

BTW, I am just using a generic aries laser mouse. So it appears that it may not be down to the mouse type per se, rather the speed at which the right and left clicks occur.

I will play my next session without using the AHK betpot script and if this is the problem (which I am 99.9% sure it is) should not happen.

I will post back and let you know what happened.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to jump onto your thread. But after the last software update FTP has been crashing me a number of times. However, in my case ZoneAlarm informs of a process needing to communicate with some part of windows (forget exactly - maybe dr watson or some other component). When I allow it access FTP goes yellow and then windows tells me it has crashed. Needless to say extremely annoying.

With regards to your comments regarding right clicking and then left clicking this makes total sense. Using the bet pot script - a right click to set the bet amount and then a left click to confirm - and then crash. Needless to say this has always happened when I am in the pot - so it makes sense.

Also, using a remote program to control my desktop computer via a secure web browser I play from other locations (so I can still use poker tracker etc.) this never happens which relating to suggestion to use an AHK script to delay the mouse click shoud correct this problem may work - obviously the delay caused by the remote program over the internet causes this delay and so it never happens.

I am glad that I have come accross someone else who has a problem with FTP.

BTW, I am just using a generic aries laser mouse. So it appears that it may not be down to the mouse type per se, rather the speed at which the right and left clicks occur.

I will play my next session without using the AHK betpot script and if this is the problem (which I am 99.9% sure it is) should not happen.

I will post back and let you know what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am also using Zone Alarm and BetPot.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:27 PM

try triple clicking tourney info really fast. === crash

try also multi tabling, hovering mouse over a players name on a table not in focus then clicking at the moment that the player notes shows up. === crash
Old 10-10-2007, 10:33 PM

My Full Tilt client sometimes crashes when I open up a new window. On the most recent two occasions, those windows were the Microsoft PowerToy Calculator and the Pokerstars client. Maybe it crashes when XP suddenly needs to use a significant amount of RAM?