Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 09-21-2007, 04:49 PM

Default 2 rebuy/addon situations...

26 person tourney, $20 unlimited T2k rebuy (when at T2k or below), $20 T3k addon.

#1.
Rebuy period almost done (addons in 2 minutes), someone with only $20 wants to continue. I let hiim buy the addon, but limit his stack to 2k for the one hand he'd be in before everyone else got to do the addons.

#2.
Rebuy period over, someone has T2020 and wants to do the final rebuy plus the addon. I say screw it, give the 20 to the person who just won the pot from you, done deal.

The way I saw it, these were extenuating circumstances that were so close to not having been an issue, I could let it go. In the end, people get to play longer and it's more money in the pot.

Thoughts?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: 2 rebuy/addon situations...

I assume the guy in #1 was felted. I have no problem just having him sit out that last two minutes, maybe two hands. Your way works for me too.

#2 Again no real problem.

While I think these little bending of the rules are probably good for game overall, I doubt I would do them in my game, but I might. Based on previous posts I believe my game to be more structured (you can substitute anal here if you like). But we each do what works for us and if I was at your place and you did this I wouldn't care. Assuming I even knew. But be careful about setting precedents.....What if it's 2050 next time? Or the guy goes out with 5 minutes left? 8 minutes?
Old 09-22-2007, 04:07 PM

I don't have a problem with this one. And it really doesn't even have to be 2 minutes from the break. If a guy started the tourney with $20, I would let him play with t2K chips and then give him his t1K chips at the break. If he got felted the first hand, then he would wait until the break and continue in the second hour with t1K chips.

This one is a little dicier since as Small Fry pointed out, you would have to start entertaining requests for other amounts over t2K.

I would do it once maybe and then caution everybody that it won't happen again and if you are just over t2K then do what I sometimes do online. Get into the last pot to bring you just below t2K, fold and then rebuy and add-on.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
26 person tourney, $20 unlimited T2k rebuy (when at T2k or below), $20 T3k addon.

#1.
Rebuy period almost done (addons in 2 minutes), someone with only $20 wants to continue. I let hiim buy the addon, but limit his stack to 2k for the one hand he'd be in before everyone else got to do the addons.

#2.
Rebuy period over, someone has T2020 and wants to do the final rebuy plus the addon. I say screw it, give the 20 to the person who just won the pot from you, done deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the first one, did the player get to keep their T20 on top of the T2k rebuy?

In both cases, I would say they should put the T20 into the next pot, pre-deal, so everyone has a shot at the chips.

Other than that, I have no problem with your anti-nit decisions.
Hopefully people won't start pushing the line some more, now that they've seen you make exceptions.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:15 AM

My ruling would be that in the first case, sucks to be you, but you have to make it to the add-on period to add-on.
In the second case, you can re-buy, but it only gets you up to T4000. The other 20 chips are lost. It wouldn't be fair for them to go to a specific person, and at a MTT, I don't think it'd be fair to go to a specific table.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It wouldn't be fair for them to go to a specific person, and at a MTT, I don't think it'd be fair to go to a specific table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it fair that someone gets to be at a table with many many rebuys, and other tables are tighter?

Is T20 with T3000 add-ons anything to upset people?

I agree with the general sentiment and could see only letting them add on T2800 or whatever to reach the proper number.

I would ask why the player couldn't just post/raise blind for his remainder and then either open up to a rebuy, or add on to his now quadrupled puny stack.

Another solution- rather than knockout rebuys, allow 20% stack rebuys (once you're down below 20% of the starting stack for the tourney, allow the rebuys then).
That would solve the T20 question.