Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 09-16-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: 75/150 vs HOWMANY not telling you anybody\'s hands

you have a3. he has A7 or nothing.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:17 PM

to try and seriously guess what either of you spew monkeys have or what you could be thinking is idiocy. the only safe guess would be the closer to nothing the more likely. just get to the punchline already and post it in low content next time.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5) What do we both have?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. The way you two play against one another in the blinds, good luck. Didn't you guys play about a 12 BB pot the other day and the best hand was 9 high?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:24 PM

I failed to realize in my first post that HOWMANY's tank on the river might be with a strong hand that is simply deciding what to do if checkraised. Even so, Tank 10 insta-3bet makes me think he is very weak. I'd have a completely different read if it was only a Tank 5 insta-3bet.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:37 PM

You are 100% correct. I was thinking because the way he called my turn raise I was fairly certain he was showing down. My tank was whether or not there was any possibility he was folding and I eventually decided that he can have T9/flush draw and call the turn quickly in the way he did and fold river. I beat most flush draws but I'd expect him to fold one that made a 7/3 and even though I chop T9 and beat T8 I'd rather have him fold and not see my hand. DD's c/r actually gave me a little bit more hope that I might be able to win the pot (either because he had nothing and I was wrong about him being showdown bound or he was making a thin value c/r) so I 3bet.

Had I bet quickly or thought only a moment I'm pretty sure that I would have just been called with what he had.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:32 AM

the funniest thing is that with all the thin and/or bluff betting raising reraising and c/ring you guys do you each think the other still might fold. talk about suspension of disbelief.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the funniest thing is that with all the thin and/or bluff betting raising reraising and c/ring you guys do you each think the other still might fold. talk about suspension of disbelief.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-17-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played the hand brilliantly preflop with whatever you happen to have.

You probably have to 4bet most of the hands in your range at this point on the river. Sean tanking for a full ten seconds is a thinking decision, either a bluff or a thin value bet. Unless he is hollywooding you which I really doubt, his insta 3bet makes absolutely no sense and makes me think that you should 4bet for value any hand that's like A2 or better, and 4bet for bluff any hand worse than a J.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with a lot of this but not the part about 4-betting A2, etc. I like the river c/r here if you have A2 given his long pause, fwiw, and that seems about right for your range of hands.

Rob
Old 09-18-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike's also correct that this should be posted in the low content thread.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
suspension of disbelief.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are too many negatives in here for me to understand what this means. translation?

if we suspend belief, that means we don't believe anything. so, if we suspend DISbelief, doesn't that mean we then believe everything? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]