Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit

Old 01-23-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: 2/4 blind defense two pair hand at Commerce

Well it's possible for a tilter to have 33 here, which you beat, and the one combo of 66 you now beat... Is that enough of a change to make the river plan different? Maybe. I think I could maybe find a checkraise.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5-betting the turn and folding for a 6th is better than any plan involving checkraising the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for some sanity! This is obvious to me too just on basic poker theory.

I'll add a bit to the hand but I don't really think it matters. I called, river was another 8, giving me a boat, I check/called. We can all agree the river changed nothing?

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

well, now that you beat 66 and 33, i think i don't mind 2 bets going in on the river, so i think you can bet/call.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:51 PM

the river changed it being ok to lose one bet if behind to being more than ok to lose two bets if you are looking at KK. how can anything be different than that?
Old 01-24-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5-betting the turn and folding for a 6th is better than any plan involving checkraising the river, if she hits you again you're drawing dead but there's some small chance you could get her to fold a hand with outs. But the best plan of all is to just effing check-call and get to showdown and expect that since she's obviously out of control on the turn if she doesn't have you beaten, hopefully she'll be out of control and bet the river too.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

i mostly lurk here, but, forreal? i can't imagine the player described ever folding a hand with outs here.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:30 AM

people are latching on too much to this semi-false notion that she was "on tilt". this is a good example of why posting live hands is a waste of time.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok sorta aggro lady who might be tilted

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
people are latching on too much to this semi-false notion that she was "on tilt".

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny. I'm surprised you think a sorta agro type villain gets c/r'd on the flop and then goes 4 bets on the turn with just AA.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:35 PM

ive played with her. id fear KK but also get the sense she's pushing back to free showdown (which she didnt). cant say anymore dont want to give away the results.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:46 PM

After the 4 bet I would probably just check/call down. Is there anything wrong with that? It seems that a decent percentage of the time she thinks your FOS and some percentage she already has the nuts. With the river if you still think the same rules apply then a call down should neutralize pretty much everything right?
Old 01-24-2007, 06:20 PM

hey mike,

Whatever she's doing you have to eventually put her on some sort of a hand. I actually think the river card is pretty good for our hero, because 33 and 66 are reasonable holdings for her, but it still may not be good enough to go off any more. The pot is plenty big enough in a spot where big pots almost always mean big hands. This was a very dry board. If she's giving this kind of action quite often, then it doesn't matter what you do - you just wait for a decent hand and play a big pot.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:36 PM

"If she's giving this kind of action quite often"

she's not, which is why chris was confused as to what to do. one thing i can safely say is she's not the best hand reader, and she has semi-random tendencies from time to time. her A game and C game shift in and out without much notice, and it wouldnt be weird to play a couple sessions with her where you only noticed one or the other. it's not as simple as "she has KK you should call down" or "she's on tilt you should put in more action". this hand is a great example of the sort of confusing situations that can come up against commerce regulars, and it's very hard for hero to expect any sort of real help from this forum. the only people who might have some sort of idea of what's going on are the people whve logged some hours against her. and even then it's a tough call. and by no means would it be right to call her a tough or tricky player.

33 would generally not be a reasonable holding for her in this spot.