Old 11-15-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Best MSNL Coaches

wiltontilt ftw!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How much does BobboFitos charge? Anyone work with him? Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been working with Rob for a couple months now, and I think he does a great job.

[/ QUOTE ]
How many sessions have you had with him? What aspects of your game do you think he improved the most? rates?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what his rates are these days, they were going up about the time I started working with him.

We have done 5 sessions thus far. Areas of improvement? I think my preflop game is much better than it was, primarily in the area of 3-bet pots. It suprised me just how valuable his preflop lessons were. Postflop, we are just getting started. My bet-sizing on the flop is better than it was a week ago, and I think I've improved my understanding of the decision to bet/check the flop in some spots. I expect a lot more improvement as we move through more lessons.

The thing about Rob is that he's different from the other coaches who provide sweat and feedback - I would imagine that most of the coaches who provide that service (and do it well) are going to give the student more immediate improvement than Rob does. However, I also expect that once I complete his full lesson plan, my money will have been much better spent with him than it would be on most other coaches. In the longrun, I should be a much better poker thinker and poker player.

You'll have to follow up with me in a couple months to find out if I still feel that way once we're done.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MDMA is the best, TheMetetron is a [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to be mature!

[/ QUOTE ]

TheMetetron is the extremely good. He truly cared about my development as a player and more than anything taught me the correct thought process on each hand. So I understand not just that I should make a play, but why I am making that play.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:39 PM

If you guys want, I will let you "coach" me for like 15-30 minutes and I will post about the experience in this thread. I doubt I will learn anything substantial but I like to see different playing styles, and in return I will write an honest unbiased review that may give you extra business.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:50 PM

What about beluga whale or chaostracize, r they good? has any1 had the more expensive 3bet.net coaches (cts, bldswttrs, whitelime)?
Old 11-15-2007, 05:57 PM

I've heard from two people that cts is an extremely good coach.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:21 PM

I think there should be a second thread who's advice should I take when discussing good coaches.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id like info on this too, am gnna have lesson w billyjex later ontonite, let u kno how tht goes

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lived with him for a year now and can easily say that he helped my game more than anyone. I lived with CTS and Dan Bright too.

For the value, I don't think you can do better.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:40 PM

I've had 7 sessions with billyjex since September and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. Basically everything you want in a coach (good thinker, good communication, makes himself available, encouraging, personable etc. etc.).
Old 11-15-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How much does BobboFitos charge? Anyone work with him? Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been working with Rob for a couple months now, and I think he does a great job.

[/ QUOTE ]
How many sessions have you had with him? What aspects of your game do you think he improved the most? rates?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what his rates are these days, they were going up about the time I started working with him.

We have done 5 sessions thus far. Areas of improvement? I think my preflop game is much better than it was, primarily in the area of 3-bet pots. It suprised me just how valuable his preflop lessons were. Postflop, we are just getting started. My bet-sizing on the flop is better than it was a week ago, and I think I've improved my understanding of the decision to bet/check the flop in some spots. I expect a lot more improvement as we move through more lessons.

The thing about Rob is that he's different from the other coaches who provide sweat and feedback - I would imagine that most of the coaches who provide that service (and do it well) are going to give the student more immediate improvement than Rob does. However, I also expect that once I complete his full lesson plan, my money will have been much better spent with him than it would be on most other coaches. In the longrun, I should be a much better poker thinker and poker player.

You'll have to follow up with me in a couple months to find out if I still feel that way once we're done.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds good, thanks
How many weeks his entire program?