Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 08:36 PM

Default NL 100 Easy Value Shove With QQ?

Villain is 32/6/.4 (47)

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

SB ($53.95)
BB ($26.55)
Hero ($103.65)
MP ($101.20)
CO ($365.95)
Button ($37.69)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q.
Hero raises to $4, MP calls $4, 4 folds.

Flop: ($9.05) T, 8, 2,
(2 players)
Hero bets $9, MP calls $9.

Turn: ($26.15) 6 (2 players)
Hero bets $22, MP calls $22.

River: ($67.95) 8 (2 players)
Hero???
Old 10-08-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: NL 100 Easy Value Shove With QQ?

Easy shove.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:05 PM

Set raises somewhere in there, board pairs so you're safe to random ass twopair, I jam this in all day every day esp w/ pot size to stack size
Old 10-08-2007, 09:44 PM

Deff bombs away
Old 10-08-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Set raises somewhere in there,

[/ QUOTE ]

O RLY?

Villain is 32/6/.4 (47)

First off, we've got less than 50 hands on villain: that's not a read, it's a handshake. Second, from what little we've seen of him, he wouldn't know the "raise" button from a bread basket. Face it -- we've got no clue about villain's hand: don't trick yourself into thinking that you know hero's ahead or some such nonsense.

[ QUOTE ]

board pairs so you're safe to random ass twopair,

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if villain had two pair on the turn there are 45 different ways that could have happened, and eighteen of them give villain a full house. If villain has a 2-in-5 chance that he filled up, and that's not exactly "safe" from two pairs.

[ QUOTE ]

I jam this in all day every day esp w/ pot size to stack size

[/ QUOTE ]

So villain calls a pot-sized raise with AT? Yeah, OK, I'll buy that if he's the idiot that his numbers indicate, but my read is way too thin for that. I'd probably make it $30 -- a roughly half-pot sized bet. Obviously I'm calling a push, but I'd like to maximize my chance of getting paid off by a weaker hand.

Personally, I wouldn't have bet so strongly on the flop or turn -- you've got nothing to protect against and you have no solid evidence that villain calls down light. Plus you've got one freakin' pair -- it's not the nuts. I'd probably make a standard c-bet of $6, then $14 or so on the turn (2/3rds) and half-pot on the river. If villain raises somewhere, I'm strongly considering folding or at LEAST shutting down.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So villain calls a pot-sized raise with AT?

[/ QUOTE ]

He just called a psb, and no one lays down tps at nl 100 with his stats
Old 10-08-2007, 11:17 PM

bet like 1/2 pot
Old 10-08-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

O RLY?

Villain is 32/6/.4 (47)

First off, we've got less than 50 hands on villain: that's not a read, it's a handshake. Second, from what little we've seen of him, he wouldn't know the "raise" button from a bread basket. Face it -- we've got no clue about villain's hand: don't trick yourself into thinking that you know hero's ahead or some such nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we truly have no clue about villain's hand, then we have to assume we are ahead as played. When you don't have enough hands for a proper "read", I think you have to assume a set raises somewhere in there.

[ QUOTE ]

Actually, if villain had two pair on the turn there are 45 different ways that could have happened, and eighteen of them give villain a full house. If villain has a 2-in-5 chance that he filled up, and that's not exactly "safe" from two pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he has a set, we lose. If he has an 8, we lose. What can we do about it at this point with the hand as played? If we're truly going to assume villain is a brain dead moron, we have to assume he's going to play TPTK as he has played this hand. If he had an 8, he sucked out - that's life. He doesn't have an 8 often enough to make me not value bet the hell out of this hand. If he has a set, I'm very surprised and make a note of it.

[ QUOTE ]

So villain calls a pot-sized raise with AT? Yeah, OK, I'll buy that if he's the idiot that his numbers indicate, but my read is way too thin for that. I'd probably make it $30 -- a roughly half-pot sized bet. Obviously I'm calling a push, but I'd like to maximize my chance of getting paid off by a weaker hand.
[/QUOTE]
I agree you have to VB this hand. I personally would push it, because I know I'm not getting away from it and am willing to bet I'm ahead here the majority of the time. You can make an argument for 1/2 PSB, PSB, push, whatever - but you have to bet this.

[QUOTE]
Personally, I wouldn't have bet so strongly on the flop or turn -- you've got nothing to protect against and you have no solid evidence that villain calls down light. Plus you've got one freakin' pair -- it's not the nuts. I'd probably make a standard c-bet of $6, then $14 or so on the turn (2/3rds) and half-pot on the river. If villain raises somewhere, I'm strongly considering folding or at LEAST shutting down.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the strong betting because it allows an easy shut down if played back against, esp against this villain. I do see what you're saying about pot control though with an overpair on a rag board w/ unknown opp.

Just my semi worthless 2c
Old 10-08-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy shove.

[/ QUOTE ]