Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which are you?
Catholic 7 11.29%
Protestant 10 16.13%
Latter Day Saints 1 1.61%
Jewish 3 4.84%
Agnostic/Atheist 34 54.84%
Other 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 07:45 AM

Default Re: All My Money Are Belong to Me (NC Thread)

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of Neteller, if you guys just got gifted with $3k you'd assumed was long gone, what would you treat yourselves with? Yes yes, hookers and blow, but presume you already HAD hookers and blow.

[/ QUOTE ]

iPhone. Bitchin car stereo. GPS dohickey for my bike. New Bike. 20 shares of AAPL. Cruise to Alaska. Mariner's season tickets. Bowling ball. One less credit card. New camera. New lenses.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

iPhone. Bitchin car stereo. GPS dohickey for my bike. New Bike. 20 shares of AAPL. Cruise to Alaska. Mariner's season tickets. Bowling ball. One less credit card. New camera. New lenses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. And I was going for 'beer'. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2007, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got a roll for 5/10 and 3k wouldn't quite roll me for 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wook.. what are you BR standards? I know you're rolled for 5/10 cuz you play it all the time as what seems to be your main game. What I don't understand is how another 300BB @ 5/10 doesn't get your roll to play 10/20.

Say your standards are 500BB and you currently have only 650BB for 5/10.. add another 300BB to that and you now have 475BB for 10/20 (that's pretty close.. at least close enough for a shot or two).

My vote... take some time off and go to Vegas or a nice little vacation that doesn't even have to include any poker.

I guess you could always pay off your student loans assuming you have any... I know.. way to responsible and practical.. what do you expect from someone my age [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my BR standards have usually been at least 500 BB. Currently, I'm at about 450 for 5/10. I've posted my graph, so you might remember that I'm just pulling out of some bad variance. I'd been playing a little shy of my usual requirements, anyway. This 3k, if I put it all towards poker, would put me at about 375 BB at 10/20, and I'm not comfortable with that. 10/20 is a much tougher game than 5/10, so I'd probably want more than 500 BB to make it my home. Should I take a 50 BB shot? Well, hmmm. Honestly, variance has been less than kind to me lately, so it's trained me to think that that 50 BB would be lost quickly before I could recover and start winning again at 10/20.

Probably the biggest reason for me not to, though, is that I plan to spend the next couple months getting back into NL. I'm mostly just not interested in taking a shot at 10/20 instead of taking up NL. Now, after a couple months, and especially if I add some winnings to my roll, we'll see about looking up 10/20. If that's the case, though, I'll either have some NL winnings to add to my roll and to use to take a shot, or else my confidence will once again be shot and I'll want to play some 5/10 to recover any losses before even considering it.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:19 AM

Wook, when you want to take a shot at 10/20 or hit the highstakes NL tables...just aim me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2007, 10:49 AM

Am I missing a value bet somewhere in this hand??! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 , 8
2 folds[/i]</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 2, 3, 5 (4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button raises</font>, SB calls, CO calls, Hero calls

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q (4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (4.75 BB) K (4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, checks.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB

Results
<font color="white">
SB: shows 6s, 7d
Hero: shows 9d, 8s and won with high card King
CO: mucked 8d, 6d
Button: mucked 9c, 6h </font>
Old 08-03-2007, 10:55 AM

this made me LOL so hard. UTG is laggy and LRR is a 18/8 stars regular (who sucks postflop) and I really have no [censored] idea what he LRR and folded. me ftw.

Ozi fancy pants &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; random loser fancy pants

the one thing I love about CRing at 0,5/1 at stars is that people ALWAYS assume you have the nuts so if you get 3 bet you know EXACTLY where you are at. harhar

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 08-03-2007, 11:25 AM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

[ QUOTE ]
iPhone. Bitchin car stereo. GPS dohickey for my bike. New Bike. 20 shares of AAPL. Cruise to Alaska. <font color="orange"> B </font> <font color="blue"> R </font> <font color="orange"> O </font> <font color="blue"> N </font> <font color="orange"> C </font> <font color="blue"> O </font> <font color="orange"> S </font>tickets. Bowling ball. One less credit card. New camera. New lenses.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 08-03-2007, 11:39 AM

Sustainable?

Old 08-03-2007, 11:44 AM

win more at showdown
Old 08-03-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of Neteller, if you guys just got gifted with $3k you'd assumed was long gone, what would you treat yourselves with? Yes yes, hookers and blow, but presume you already HAD hookers and blow.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's about how much the hotel + tickets to Disney World would cost for a family of 4.

I might do one of those poker boot camps if it were just me. There's one on a cruise coming up.
Closed Thread