Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 02:46 PM

Default Agressif approach, is it a good move?

I am trying to be MUCH more aggressif now. This hand is a good example where I would have check/call with the proper odds or check/fold if not. This time I wanted to check/raise all-in...

20+2 180 on PS. Blinds : 10-20.

History, I doubled a cople hand ago when I moved all-in with a made straight on the flop against an overpair open-ended. All Vilain have close to the original 1,500.

EP raises to limps, MP raise to 80, LP call, I call from SB A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], EP calls.

Flop : K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, EP bets 80, MP (OR) raises to 420, LP folds, I go all-in...

EP leads weak so I don't see think he is strong enough to call a raise and re-raise all-in. I know MP is strong, but he may do that with QQ or JJ, AK, KQ and some random bluffs IMO.

The only way to know if this is a good play is to determine what is my FE. What would you guess?
Old 03-28-2006, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Agressif approach, is it a good move?

That's pretty much how I play nut flush draws with an overcard early in these things. I don't think you have much FE either, by the way. The guy who was willing to raise preflop and then pot the flop behind EP's lead is probably going to call you, but he could easily have KQ, KJ, something like that.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:09 PM

I would guess that your fold equity is almost zero here. This is a very strong move by MP and in these online tourney's, I've noticed that players almost never fold in this spot.

If I check this flop, I would fold to MP's raise.

I would sometimes lead this flop as well. That has a decent chance of taking the pot down and has a deceptive twist to it.

Peace

Goodie
Old 03-28-2006, 03:32 PM

It's fine to do this if yer willing to gamboool it up but I think yer FE is really low... I see this line alot... it's kinda like typing I have Ax diamonds in the chat box though don't you think?

who wants final four tickets?
Old 03-28-2006, 03:34 PM

I don't think a c/r all in is a bad idea in general but after the MP raise you have zero FE. I fold in this case.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's fine to do this if yer willing to gamboool it up but I think yer FE is really low... I see this line alot... it's kinda like typing I have Ax diamonds in the chat box though don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

AT of diamonds does the same thing and is a favorite against a lot of hands that could legimiately bet like MP.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AT of diamonds does the same thing and is a favorite against a lot of hands that could legimiately bet like MP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats fine... I don't hate this line all I'm saying is yer not getting a fold here very often and it looks like the NFD...
Old 03-28-2006, 04:01 PM

I hate to knit-pick, but cuz, is that as close as you can get to aggressive?
Old 03-28-2006, 04:16 PM

Your FE is pretty close to zero here. Early in these tournaments nobody is laying down top pair. If the raise were smaller you might have a shot, or if it was a raise and then a call you could pull it off. A villain who raises for 1/3 of his stack is going nowhere fast.

So you've got nine clean outs, and your ace might be good, but I wouldn't count on it. And you know you're going to get called, so you are making this play getting around 1:1, which is not so good.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:33 PM

I'm getting 1.3 : 1 which not awesome but nopt that bad. If my Ace is not an out, I need close to 25% FE. If my A is an out, I need 0% FE.

Overall, this is a gambool. High risk/reward/variance!