Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Where should my roll be?

Hi all, lurked for a while, would like to ask a few questions...

Been playing for a while, started with STTs, moved to cash, moved up, yada yada, currently part time playing @ $0.5/1 with a $2k bankroll. I've logged 12k hands in Aug @ ~6 ptBB for $1.2k profit. I've withdrawn that + rakeback as I have a holiday coming up, so I've got $2k on my return.

There's a chance I won't be working for a month so I want to absolutely hammer the tables and see what I can do. Currently my roll is at Interpoker (cypto). They do excellent monthly bonuses ($400 + $250 rakeback this month alone). I'm mainly playing 0.5/1 full ring but will also play 0.25/0.5 if there's not enough tables going and occasionally some 1/2 if I spot a fish or it's at a juicy time. I want to play a lot more hands (200k) before moving to 6max, all my play has been full ring.

So I'm getting decent bonii and rakeback at crypto, however I'm in the UK so can play at any poker room. Party obv has a big fishy reputation, as I've heard does Ladbrokes (British Bookmakers). Also heard some tales of Bodog being rather soft. Stars and Full Tilt have a lot more serious players so will avoid for now. Obviously I want rakeback and ideally some juicy bonuses but if I'm going to playing a lot the main thing I want is a good win rate so am tempted to move my roll to the softer site.

So with the background out of the way, if you could play small stakes at any poker room, which would it be?

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Where should my roll be?

If you are going to be playing for a month to supplement your income for whatever reason I would definately stick where you are. 6PTBB/100 isn't bad at all and if you are getting bonuses and rakeback that can definately boost your BR a lot/soften some losses you might take.

With that being said I would even drop down stakes to start out in the month and play .25/.50. It would suck to use your 2K BR to play for a month and take some fast hits and .50/1.00 and then start to play worse poker because you are worried about money. But based on softness I would give PP a try. I'm in the US so can't play but still see some crazy stuff (well more hear) on PP.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:24 PM

yeah party is good. Better than FTP imo.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to be playing for a month to supplement your income for whatever reason I would definately stick where you are. 6PTBB/100 isn't bad at all and if you are getting bonuses and rakeback that can definately boost your BR a lot/soften some losses you might take.

With that being said I would even drop down stakes to start out in the month and play .25/.50. It would suck to use your 2K BR to play for a month and take some fast hits and .50/1.00 and then start to play worse poker because you are worried about money. But based on softness I would give PP a try. I'm in the US so can't play but still see some crazy stuff (well more hear) on PP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice, thanks. I'm not in the position where I'm playing for my livelihood, although I'd obviously be pissed off if I lost my roll!

One downside is that there's not enough games going during the day on crypto. I don't want to become nocturnal so I'm going to need more action. I'm thinking about moving $1k (half) elsewhere to a big US poker room and multitable .25/.5 as I'd be reasonably rolled for that on both sites. But I still have severe traffic concerns so a total move isn't out of the question. I'd be lucky to get 2 FR tables going during the day.

Anymore input on choice poker rooms?

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 07:23 AM

switch to 6max asap, and poker rooms might as well go to party or whatever nets u the most RB wise.

but ultimately switch to 6max asap imo
Old 08-29-2007, 07:36 AM

you have no idea how phenomneally well you're running if you've made 6 pt bb / 100 hands at full ring
Old 08-29-2007, 07:48 AM

yo - im recently just move my roll over to FTP from Cypto - it's fine, not as tough as Id heard or indeed expected.

I couldnt get a game on cypto, let alone 6 table.

I would rather play on party (AA looks nicer) but sadly not rakeback, but FTP is fine.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you have no idea how phenomneally well you're running if you've made 6 pt bb / 100 hands at full ring

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm aware of this. I had some great sessions towards the end of the month. Ave would be ~3ptBBs. Although I do think I'm one of the strongest players at my level, and .25/.5 is very very beatable at >5ptBBs.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:59 AM

sorry half my comment got cut off. if you plan on doing this for a living, you're going to want more than the standard 20 buyins. how many tables do you play out of curiosity? as long as you get good rakeback / bonuses i'd go there instead of wondering what site has the easiest 25 nl games. i also definitely wouldnt recomend playing 200k hands before moving up as that will take you longer than the month you plan on playing pro. be sure to send ftp an email so you can 12 table, and good luck. id probably stick with 25 buyins if you play 4 or less tables, 30 for 8, and 35-40 for 12.