Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 07:56 PM

Default less players at cryptologic

hi

I am wondering why there are the past 2 months less players at the cryptologic network. There used to be around 2200/2600 players at peak times and now the peak is around 1300/1700 players.

I know there have been changes in rakeback and reload bonus, but it seems that the drop off started a month earlier than the changes .... . So I am wondering if there is maybe another reason.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: less players at cryptologic

check this out

http://www.pokersitescout.com/SiteDe...p;ab=230291581
Old 08-03-2007, 09:04 PM

They've added too many games, which has resulted in long waits for STTs to fill up and cash game players that are now split across a ridiculous amount of limits for all games. Just look at any game and see how many empty tables there are.

Also their blackjack holdem game is a ridiculous flop - there were only ever one or two cash tables going at any one time. So what did they do? They added loads more limits and now you can go a whole evening without a single cash game.

Their management should be sacked. They are ruining what used to be a really decent site.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:02 PM

Ah [censored] I own CRYP stock.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:44 AM

Found the following explanation on poker site scout's site....

"At the end of May, 2007, CryptoLogic made certain changes to their network configuration which allow a different selection of games to be made available on different sites. Those changes have affected the traffic we are showing for CryptoLogic.

There are now micro-limit games which are offered by about half of the sites on the network. To capture the new limits, we have switched our CryptoLogic coverage over to Betsafe.

Also, with the new network configuration, William Hill is now treated as a unique site on the network. There are some tables which are available only on William Hill and nowhere else on the network. Likewise, there are some tables which are available everywhere on the network except William Hill, and there are other tables which are shared across the entire network including William Hill.

As with every network, our traffic data on CryptoLogic comes from a single site (in this case Betsafe). However, with the new fragmented network configuration, there is no longer any single site that shows all of the tables running on the entire CryptoLogic network. Therefore, from a financial perspective (though not necessarily from a player's perspective), the CryptoLogic network has more poker traffic than shown here. We currently have no estimate for the amount of traffic that is unique to William Hill, but it is significant and it most likely accounts for at least a substantial portion of the recent decrease in traffic at the CryptoLogic network."
Old 08-04-2007, 08:23 AM

to add, i don't accept the figures quoted on the site however - i can't help thinking they are quoted lower because they are not taking into account the vast majority of players are european and the time difference. of an evening it's generally around 4000-5000. as of now (1200 hrs GMT)pokerplex is quoting at 2400.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:00 AM

Sick it dropped 9% the other day. I really think I might add some to my portfolio.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:35 AM

It is down big time lately as is GIGM. I bought more GIGM but I guess I will also buy some CRY. Friday was probably the time to buy. Earninngs are reported today.
I am curious as to why both stocks are off so much. Both are good solid companies and seem to be selling for far less then they should.