Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Psychological barrier or just crap

I have been playing interent poker for 3 years in Feb. I started out playing sng's then limit, then NL and MTT's back to SNG's then back to NL. Jack of all trades but master of none. Even though I have a huge bankroll I still play small limits.
With 3 days left to go in December my online profit stood at 99,400. A couple of bad days took me away from my plateau. Jan was a losing month. Feb wasnt a banner month but it got me slightly over $99,000 again.
March comes and I get off to a bad start again. This is the longest streak of break even I have ever had.
just random variance, a psychological barrier or maybe I have just been incredibly luck for a long time.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Psychological barrier or just crap

It's times like these that one can use a new perspective. See the world, take a break, learn about quantum mechanics, become more connected with your spirit (whatever that means to you).

Then start playing like it's a brand new experience.

There's no simple solution to what you're experiencing, and if you take a look around the board, you'll see that so many other players are facing very similar problems. I guess these are the cons to the pro poker player lifestyle.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:35 AM

skim/read a book on feng shui (sp?) and rearrange furniture in poker room accordingly, do 100+ pushups and situps everymorning for a week when you roll out of bed in the morning (if you aren't active already, but morning workout is pretty money imo), drink wheatgrass/multivitamin/jambajuice mmmmmmm, have some diversity in your daily schedule, don't do a lot of drugs, remeber that mind is part of the body, meditate or watch your mind, read Zen Mind Beginner's Mind . . .

oh wait this is what I do to stay sharp, holla
Old 03-14-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do 100+ pushups and situps everymorning for a week when you roll out of bed in the morning (if you aren't active already, but morning workout is pretty money imo),

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree morning excercise is where its at. I get up and run bike or swim 6 days a week.I have also thought about meditating for an hour then excercising for an hour evvery am but thats a big commitment.

[ QUOTE ]
I guess these are the cons to the pro poker player lifestyle

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice guys. I am a long way from beiing a pro but your right a break is an order. Lets go to Vegas. Booked for April 1
Old 03-15-2007, 12:48 AM

OP

For some reason I find I tend to play better when I can switch from poker site to poker site every so often. No clue why this works. My play seems to get monotonous and stale after playing at one site for too long. You might try changing from stars to FT or UB for a month and see if that helps. Again, no clue why this works for me.