Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Will Neteller Pay?

I used LiveChat on Neteller's site, they canceled my EFT (which had been pending since 1/16/07), instantly is was back in my Neteller account, transferred it to Neteller Card, I just got cash from ATM with it an hour ago...no problems.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The DoJ can seize the profits from illegal activities (if they can get ahold of it). However, playing poker itself was never illegal. And players' funds in Neteller do not even belong to Neteller.

Whatever crimes Neteller committed in the US's eyes(financial transactions to gambling sites) have been committed and is done with. Transferring money back to banks or players is not against any law. In fact, failure to return money to players would constitute blatant theft that would be prosecuted under UK law.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that his is ONE rational way of looking at it, but I do not think it is the only way to see it, especially in light of the fact that we are dealing with a conspiracy charge and not a direct violation of gambling provisions. I think that muddies the waters significantly as to when the crime begins and ends. Moreover, I am reasonably certain that Neteller already was in a conflict between laws and regulations between the US and UK in terms of whether it had a legal obligation to deposit the funds in the gambling sites once requested by its customers.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:09 PM

Whatever the crime committed by one party does not entitle that party (or even the US government) to seize the assets of a third party.

Furthermore, any such action will clearly violates UK law, which is primary in determining Neteller's actions. That is why the US can only act when their targets step on US soil. In cases where such conflicts do not exist, the US would be indicting people and pressing for extradiction already.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mendacious,

I might be wrong about this, but I believe when Carruthers was arrested and Bet on Sports stopped doing business with Americans, the government said it wanted the company to return the money to American clients. Now, I don't know how that worked out, but I'm pretty sure that was their public standing on the issue.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still waiting for my $$ from them....
Old 01-26-2007, 06:48 PM

i received my card today and withdrew 1000 still have more to go but atleast its a start.spoke with neteller this morning and was told all new cards are on hold ,so i guess i finally got lucky once. also a suggestion find someone you trust if they have a card do a transfer to their account and let them withdraw for you ,this still works.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:06 PM

I withdrew all the money on my Neteller card at an ATM no problem. Then I tried to move more money onto my card from my Neteller account. That request was denied. So, now I am worried. Other people are not having this problem?
Old 01-26-2007, 08:06 PM

Can't use the card anymore according to their FAQ.

I applied too late and never got the card. They are not issuing it anymore.

Don't know how I am ever going to get my money unless they do something different.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:19 PM

i spoke to customer service today about how long it will take to get my checks...they said there is no time table because they have no idea
Old 01-26-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Can I still use my NETELLER account?

Yes. All US members and non-US members will continue to be able to use their NETELLER e-wallet account for safe online transfers to and from non-gambling merchants and secure peer-to-peer transfers with friends and family around the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i am being naive, but i assumed this meant that i could use the money in my neteller account to transfer to non-gambling merchants. so as a worse case scenario, if i cant get my money out of NT, i can spend it online on someting legit, or send it to another e-wallet or site that will allow me to deposit the money into my bank.

am i missing something here?
Old 01-26-2007, 08:49 PM

Yes, there are hardly any non-gambling merchants.