Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 07:02 PM

Default 5/10 - Full Ring - PokerStars - Beatable?

Anyone have a significant amount of hands beating this game for even 1.5 BB/100? I stopped playing here for a few months and recently went back and seems the games are no different than they were even starting a year ago. I just question that the game is beatable for 1.5 BB/100, maybe yes >0 but for not much.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: 5/10 - Full Ring - PokerStars - Beatable?

Think I played about 100K hands there at 5/10FR and 10/20FR over a few months about 3 months ago. I left just before I got to Supernova.

I did a bit better than breakeven because I suck at poker. The vast majority of players stunk worse than me but because it's LHE, and because rake was taken out, I didn't make much before bonuses. I think a very good player could make a big bet every hundred.

Given that Stars players aren't any better than elsewhere, and that Stars has lowest rake structure on the internet (though I haven't looked at this closely), if 5-10 at Stars isn't beatable, then what 5-10 online game could possibly be? 5-10 is tough as you still get raked up the pooper just like microstakes.

As a side note, ADED for Supernova Elite in 2008!
Old 10-02-2007, 12:04 AM

I don't know if any full ring limit games where Americans can play can be beat for 1.5bb/100 past the micros...
Old 10-02-2007, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if any full ring limit games where Americans can play can be beat for 1.5bb/100 past the micros...

[/ QUOTE ]

i've stuck with fulltilt since i was forced to quit playing party. for that reason i can't comment on pokerstars, but i am curious.

the sad thing is, i don't even like to play the "full" 6max tables anymore. i try to hop on a HU or 3 handed table most the time. they seem to consistently yield(on average) the most exploitable players. the games often break quickly, but they are usually a result of one of the fish busting out so it's worth it while it's going.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:02 AM

I made 0.5BB/100 there for a while. It's always the same bunch of people, and they're all good.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:28 AM

I have 80K hands at stars 3/6 at around 1.3BB/100 or so. I can't speak directly about the 5/10, but a lot of the 3/6 regs play that game as well. And from my little observation, the game doesn't appear to play a ton differently than the 3/6. I plan on playing it this month.

I do note that there does not seem to be a lot of regulars crushing the games. Of all the regulars that I recall (don't have my db here) only JC-TheGuide is beating the games soundly over a decent sample (several thousand hands--so,still small) and his showdown numbers are like 35/62, so he is probably just running really hot over that sample.

I do feel there are enough fish and tagfish around so that the game is still beatable despite the tightness and the rake, but I don't imagine that 2.0BB/100 would be highly likely for even a very good player. I am mediocre at best, and I am just happy being right of zero.

--Rico
Old 10-02-2007, 12:39 PM

I have over 100,000 in my current database, and I am just a bit short of 1.5. Safely above 1 though.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:49 PM

Always wondered if JC-TheGuide is a 2+2er. He plays non stop for a million tables. Personally I feel find playing with him in a hand. I do consider him one of the better players.

Now if only I knew who Bob T was on there.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:48 PM

cubfan is pretty solid (did you ever play me, bob? You should know...)
Old 10-03-2007, 04:48 AM

Yeah, it seems like we played some 3-6 back in january.