Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 07:38 AM

Default Re: Playing NLHE with Celebs at Commerce

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well this is about playing at Commerce, so whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any stories about playing at the same table as a celeb?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, come again - B&M will miss you. - on the bright side this is gonna be a great NVG thread!

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to explain that nicely and got the big 'whatever'.
I played 20/40 with Bret Boone way before i was ready to play 20/40. I lost all the money i had won playing 4/8 and quit.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when I played with James Woods at the WSOP, he seemed to take the game ULTRA seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my impression from playing with him at the WSOP too. Nice guy, chatty, very serious about poker. His handreading wasn't that great, though, and he busted trying to make a weird move at a supertight player who had QQ on a xxxxJ board.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I played against Phil Ivey at the .01-.02 6max nl games on stars, he had his picture as an avatar and everything. He stacked me twice and I told him it was a pleasure to play with him then I left.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yeah I got stacked by Jessica Alba, Michael Jordan and Homer at .01/.02 on stars

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh... nice try but that's impossible. Homer's blind.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when I played with James Woods at the WSOP, he seemed to take the game ULTRA seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, ive only played with him twice. both times he played extremely loose and bad. one was in a tournament, he was like the first person out, going all in with NOTHING the first or 2nd hand. maybe he had somewhere to be, who knows.

also, i forgot to add that when ben affleck left (after like 5 hours of playing together, we talked a lot of the time), he came up to me and asked me for a hug. he's so sweet!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:52 AM

"Devon Aoki"

TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS INSTANTLY.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:26 PM

his girlfriend looks like shes 15 tho, in reality i heard she had just turned 21, one nite he dropped her off at the 5-10 table and everyone was kinda gawking, so i told the cocktail waitress to get her a drink and she politely refused, we all joked that she wasn't old enough to drink yet. lauren prepon (?) from the 70s show plays sometimes. jack haley the ex-laker and bull is there semi-regularly, hes a big talker but pretty tight.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:32 PM

I played with James Woods at the bike maybe 4 years ago and he was pretty bad. I'm sure his game has improved. He was a lot of fun at the table. Played with Ben Affleck and he donked off stacks of chips to the table. He was very friendly and as another poster wrote he would gladly tell you what he had. It was pretty weird but no one was complaining.

Recently played 5/5 ($300-$500 buyin) with Jose Canseco. That was fun. He was trying so hard (I could almost see the wheels turning in his skull) but played absolute ABC poker. His attempts at bluffs were pathetic. Once the table figured him out it was painful to watch.

A year or so ago I was watching as Laura Preppon (from That 70's Show) killed the table at the $500 game. At first I didn't realize it was her because she had blond hair.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
his girlfriend looks like shes 15 tho, in reality i heard she had just turned 21, one nite he dropped her off at the 5-10 table and everyone was kinda gawking, so i told the cocktail waitress to get her a drink and she politely refused, we all joked that she wasn't old enough to drink yet. lauren prepon (?) from the 70s show plays sometimes. jack haley the ex-laker and bull is there semi-regularly, hes a big talker but pretty tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah she was 20 when they first went out and, what is he, 60-something?? im sorry but at that point it's just gross and weird and just seems wrong. he could at least get a hot woman in their 30s.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah she was 20 when they first went out and, what is he, 60-something?? im sorry but at that point it's just gross and weird and just seems wrong. he could at least get a hot woman in their 30s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be happy if Im banging 20 yo chicks when I'm 60. Hell I'm in my 30's and happy if I'm banging a 20 yo now.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:15 PM

played the 5-10nl with dauber from "Coach". nice guy