Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: need some business ideas

Where are you based traction?
Old 03-18-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am in the same boat as sublime. Looking for ideas because I have the money and backers to invest. But I prefer a brick and mortar business with a web presence. I have a strong business background and a solid education. Just having a problem coming up with ideas. And my ego doesn't get in the way of partnering with someone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiosity, how did you get backers interested in investing without having anything for them to invest in?
Old 03-18-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiosity, how did you get backers interested in investing without having anything for them to invest in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too hard to get family to back you if they consider you smart.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too hard to get family to back you if they consider you smart.

[/ QUOTE ]
It just seems like an awkward conversation to have, talking about people giving you money for no particular reason.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:25 PM

Exactly, family and friends (poker friends). Anyway I have turned around a small business before and worked for a few large multinationals. They have confidence in my abilities.

Right now based in Nevada, but the wife and I would move for the right opportunity. We are DINKS and staying that way.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am in the same boat as sublime. Looking for ideas because I have the money and backers to invest. But I prefer a brick and mortar business with a web presence. I have a strong business background and a solid education. Just having a problem coming up with ideas. And my ego doesn't get in the way of partnering with someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Money available out there to for startups >>>>>>> good opportunities w/ right plan and team
Old 03-20-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Money available out there to for startups >>>>>>> good opportunities w/ right plan and team

[/ QUOTE ]
I am well aware of that. I just wasn't sure how much money was out there for non-opportunities with no plan and no team.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:29 PM

if anyone is interested in investing in an idea, pm me. i will send an exec summary
Old 03-20-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am well aware of that. I just wasn't sure how much money was out there for non-opportunities with no plan and no team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan, what you are missing is that HE is the team worth investing in...

Do you not have anyone that you know that you would throw some money at, in return for a piece of the action, simply because you KNOW that they will do something successful with it?

If you don't, then maybe you should consider that you are hanging out with the wrong crowd...
Old 03-20-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you not have anyone that you know that you would throw some money at, in return for a piece of the action, simply because you KNOW that they will do something successful with it?

If you don't, then maybe you should consider that you are hanging out with the wrong crowd...

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know anyone I'd give money to as an investment with no plan as to what they'll do with it.

I would be shocked if my "crowd" wasn't more talented/successful/educated/whatever than at least 99% of the world in my age group.