Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 12:52 AM

Default need some business ideas

i have been wanting to start something new for a while now. my rakeback business got crushed when party exited the market so i have room to start something new. i have capital, and access to even more thru friends who would probably be interested in whatever i do but i cant seem to grasp a solid idea.

i am great with people when i need to be, and enjoy building things.....any one have ideas? sorry to be so vague but i am just looking to jump start my brain.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: need some business ideas

are you looking to invest this capital in any good ideas that are in the process of being implemented?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you looking to invest this capital in any good ideas that are in the process of being implemented?

[/ QUOTE ]

could be, yes.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:04 PM

Why don't you look around your area for some businesses for sale? You can look here:

www.bizbuysell.com
www.businessbroker.com

Or google "[your location] business broker association" - the BBA will usually have a businesses for sale page and a member's page that can link you to brokers.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:02 PM

create a PUA site. walk around hitting on chicks with a video camera all day. post the successful videos online. sell ebooks, vegas conferences, and dvds from the site.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
create a PUA site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Behind the times fish...

Adventures of a PUA
Old 03-16-2007, 12:46 PM

read Why Not by nalebluff
Old 03-16-2007, 01:46 PM

Heres one way to do it...

Step 1: Think about people you know who work in different industries. Talk to those people and find out what problems they face, what they wish was out there that isn’t and possible solutions

Step 2 (hard part): Figure out whether or not your target market is actually willing to shell out $ (and how much) for the proposed product/solutions. Find some strategic partners to help you get through this stage.

--------

Example: I'm currently working on a plan to bring a specific product/solution to the construction industry.

Step 1: Had some interesting convos with a few people that are residential building contractors. I then talked with some more building contractors about those problems and some proposed solutions. I then got a team together consisting of business people, industry representatives, and some industrial design folks.

Step 2: We're currently finishing up a working prototype funded by a local construction company. They will do all prototype testing, and a few other specifics.

Next we'll just keep following the business plan to the market entry strategy and if things go well distribution
Old 03-17-2007, 11:54 PM

I have at least three website ideas (non poker) I think are good but don't have time or desire to implement. Let me know if you want to build websites and market them. I have a feeling this isn't the business you had in mind. Also you want to make some poker videos?? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 03-18-2007, 07:08 PM

I am in the same boat as sublime. Looking for ideas because I have the money and backers to invest. But I prefer a brick and mortar business with a web presence. I have a strong business background and a solid education. Just having a problem coming up with ideas. And my ego doesn't get in the way of partnering with someone.